Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on the best smaller festivals

Options
  • 17-05-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Myself and some friends were thinking of going to either Castlepalooza or Indiependence on the July 31st weekend this summer. They're both on the same weekend, has anybody been to either or can recommend which would be better, the general vibe etc? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I'd like some info too. Mercury Rev are playing Castlepalooza, anybody been there? sounds cool, 2 day camping ticket is €99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Can't recommend Castlepalooza enough. I've been for the last 4/5 years and it really is a great little festival in a perfect location. It has a couple of small down sides (the alcohol policy in the campsite and the distance of the carparks) but you will have a ball.

I haven't been to Independence so can't comment on that!

catch--22 wrote: »
    Can't recommend Castlepalooza enough. I've been for the last 4/5 years and it really is a great little festival in a perfect location. It has a couple of small down sides (the alcohol policy in the campsite and the distance of the carparks) but you will have a ball.

I haven't been to Independence so can't comment on that!

Nice, I am considering Castlepalooza alright. Whats the corwd usually like? I'm sure you dont get your typical oxygen heads going?

Great crowd....very relaxed! A few families...very similar to the Picnic crowd.

catch--22 wrote: »
    Great crowd....very relaxed! A few families...very similar to the Picnic crowd.

sounds awesome. I remember my first time at the picnic, I was amazed they were selling bbq food, that was awesome. Good food at castlepalooza?

• Advertisement

Yeah, some lovely stalls over the last few years. About 7 of them at a guess! It's a very small and intimate venue so they don't need all that many really!

cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The Indiependence lineup always looks better but I've always had a good time in Castlepalooza. The fact it is so contained makes it very relaxing. I've just stuck the event up on Last.fm so if you have an account it'll go through the lineup and give you recommendations!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 batman007

Hey, hoping to head to some irish festivals this summer but have a limited budget as i'm going to sziget as well so just wondering if there are any volunteer positions still available??
    I looked up electric picnic and it said they'd be reopening at the end of june, would there be any possibilty of getting a place?
    And i cant seem to find anything as regards indiependence or castle palooza and sea sessions is full up.
    Any information would be much appreciated, thanks :D

Advertisement