Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy & The Cairo Gang - The Wonder Show of the World

Options
  • 17-05-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

bonnieprincevalentine.jpg
    Just after my listen and I must say I like it. It doesn't seem as organic or something as some of his other stuff, and maybe this due to the Carios and the strange sounding arrangements (for Will anyway) of the record. And definitely not as accessible as the marvelous Lie Down in the Light. I wasn't a huge fan of his last release Beware, but I'll come back to it again soon and that could all change. His recent live release Is It The Sea? is a masterpiece - recorded in Glasgow a few years when he played with Harem Scarem and Alex Neilson.

Anyway, back to second listen to 'The Wonder Show' (I'll be raving about it soon) and my beer. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

This is my favourite track from it atm. Youtube sound quality doesn't do it justice really though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

BPB has a certain beauty matched by few artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

I'm not crazy on this release compared to some of his other albums, i must admit i've a feeling it will be a grower though.:cool:

Is It The Sea? is indeed a masterpiece!!!:D

this mans talents & the rate he releases albums always amazes me, really looking forward to seeing him in July!

Advertisement