Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasessions 2010 lineup

Options
  • 17-05-2010 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

mainbeachstage.jpg
    Andrew Weatherall
    Fun Lovin' Criminals
    Fred
    The Dead Flags
    Jester (2009 battle of the bands winner)

reachsessionstage.jpg

Fine old cannonballs 80's set
    Genie - Mash up set
    Jay Dub (Techno)
    Beckett
    Mad Dog
    Mick Pressure
    northshorestage.jpg
    Codes
    Dark Room Notes
    Surf Chixxx
    Juliets Rescue
    Saving J

saturday.jpg

mainbeachstage.jpg
    David Holmes
    Paul Weller
    Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
    Trojan Sound System

reachsessionstage.jpg

Collie Funktion
    Alistan & Gally (roots/soul)
    Cignol live set
    David Kitt dj set
    Mark Murphy
    T-woc
    The Don Rosco
    Eamon Dolye - D1 Records
    Droid&Slug 90's set
    northshorestage.jpg
    The Frank And Walters
    Director
    Aftermath
    Empire Electic
    Battle of the Bands Comp

sunday.jpg

mainbeachstage.jpg
    One Man Party
    Tom Baxter
    Cathy Davey
    James Vincent Mc Morrow
    Túcan
    O Emperor

reachsessionstage.jpg

Firehouse Skank
    Rootical Sound System
    Worries Outta National
    Collie Funktion d'n'b set
    Jay Dub techno
    Mad Dog techno
    northshorestage.jpg
    Red Kid
    Hot Sprockets
    Heathers
    Odd Socks Revival
    Mark Black
    Michael John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Good looking line-up, got my tickets a few days ago. Defo got to see Director, Paul Weller, Fun Lovin Criminals & Cathy Davey.

Looking forward to seeing a few relative newbies aswell. Whos the pick of the newish bands on the scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I haven't listened to them in an age but O Emperor are pretty good. Codes as well. I saw Mark Black support Alabama 3 once and he seemed decent enough. Nice rootsy stuff.

Not familiar with any of the other artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Seasessions

There are a few gems in the smaller tents but Red Kid and The Frank and Walters are well worth catching. The quality of the battle of the bands lineup has blown us away this year

Cheers, ill defo try catch a few of those acts.

Whats the uptake on the tag rugby like? Me and one of my mates will prob join in.

Tag Rugby info can be viewed at http://www.seasessions.com/news.html

Other activity info below

Seasessions is going to have to have a range of different extreme sports activities happening this year. The activities are geared for the spectators to see some of the most exciting sports up close and in a beautiful environment. We will also be showing Extreme sports videos on our 10foot LED screen for those who prefer their extreme sports with a drink in hand.

Surf Contest

The Relentless Seasessions Expression session will pit the best of Irelands Under 18’s hotshots against the top Irish free surfers. The competition format will reward big moves rather than tactical surfing with the winner getting an all expenses paid VIP trip to the Newquay Boardmasters and a wild card entry to the WQS event. The top Irish free surfers will compete against the winners of the Bundoran Boardriders Junior contest.

Animal Relentless Mountain Bike Tour

The legendary Animal Relentless Bike Tour is to perform for the first time in Ireland as part of the Sea Sessions surf and music festival in Bundoran, Donegal. Mixing the incredible mountain bike skills of former World Champion Trials rider Martyn Ashton with the spectacular jumping style of Blake Samson on their customised Mercedes rig. Plus opportunities to win vip Animal and Relentless Tour gear, a Diamond back bike, Muc-off, MBUK posters and much more...this is one event not too miss!

Relentless Mini Ramp
    Relentless have teamed up with Belfast’s Unit 13 skate park to bring you a first class mini ramp. Riders include BMX street legend Jason Phelan who is set to tear up the ramp in demo’s while local skaters will compete in Jam format on the ramp over the 3 day festival. Make sure you check it out.

Tag Rugby

Seasessions will be running a Tag Rugby Contest on the Main Beach in conjunction with local Ballyshannon Rugby. The emphasis will be having fun but the local teams will have a challenge match to show how its done. For more details email shaneftoolan@gmail.com. Will be teams of 7 with minimum of 3 girls on the pitch and 3 subs. Girls score 3 points for a Try and guys 1.

Power Boating
    The Lads from www.thundercatracing.ie will be racing and doing displays offshore and hopefully busting air over waves. The lads will also take a few lucky punters for a spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭walter sobchak

Any word on a site for Campervans at Seasessions?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Any word on a site for Campervans at Seasessions?

Just make sure Donnie doesn't park over the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭walter sobchak

lordgoat wrote: »
    Just make sure Donnie doesn't park over the line!

You're out of your element, lordgoat
    :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You're out of your element, lordgoat
    :D

You're out of your ****ing element!:D Anyways back on topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

So,whose going? Thought there'd be more interest

• Advertisement

So,whose going? Thought there'd be more interest

I'm heading - should be a good one and there should be a few waves about as well. I think it's close to a sell out. Maybe the organisers can fill us in?

DONT WORRY YOU WILL HAVE LOTS OF MATES THERE. ALL tickets in Bundoran are soldthere is a few tickets left for sale on ww.ticketgroup.ie . However guarenteed to be sold out by Saturday. Hope to see you all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A good fest, Paul Weller and Kathy Davey were pretty good but the sound in the main stage was terrible, the microphones for both Weller and Davey did not do them any justice, despite great performances. Wellers set was plagued with breakdowns in which he stormed off the second time in frustration, despite these obstacles he put in a fine performance highlighting tracks from his recently released album Wake up the Nation. Im not a fan of his solo stuff too much, but he changed my opinion on it and closed the set with some Jam classics such as Thats Entertainment, Start and A Town Called Malice.

The same for Cathy Daveys set and the first time Ive caught her live, having missed her at the last few Electric Picnics, again the microphone sound was terrible, despite this again the band performed brilliantly, Davey showing her multi-instrumentalist skills, playing drums at the start of the set, guitars, banjo and what a great voice. The set consisted of tracks from her first two albums as well as her new album The Nameless.

Other highlights were the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Dark Room Notes (Friday North Stage) Andy Weatherall and a lot of the DJs throughout the weekend who kept the Reach Session Stage busy with good techno, funk and reggae, the fact of the matter being that this tent had the best sound of the whole festival. The food on offer wasnt too bad either kudos to the Eco Bus, the Thai place and the brownie burgers with lentils stall.

Nice vibe, friendly people not too many scangers although I heard contrary reports of trouble at the campsite, I just live up the road from it so wasnt camping, thankfully no trouble in the arena anyways and it didnt rain too heavily with nice sunny spells on Saturday afternoon.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 reefscar

A good fest, Paul Weller and Kathy Davey were pretty good but the sound in the main stage was terrible, the microphones for both Weller and Davey did not do them any justice, despite great performances. Wellers set was plagued with breakdowns in which he stormed off the second time in frustration, despite these obstacles he put in a fine performance highlighting tracks from his recently released album Wake up the Nation. Im not a fan of his solo stuff too much, but he changed my opinion on it and closed the set with some Jam classics such as Thats Entertainment, Start and A Town Called Malice.

The same for Cathy Daveys set and the first time Ive caught her live, having missed her at the last few Electric Picnics, again the microphone sound was terrible, despite this again the band performed brilliantly, Davey showing her multi-instrumentalist skills, playing drums at the start of the set, guitars, banjo and what a great voice. The set consisted of tracks from her first two albums as well as her new album The Nameless.

Other highlights were the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Dark Room Notes (Friday North Stage) Andy Weatherall and a lot of the DJs throughout the weekend who kept the Reach Session Stage busy with good techno, funk and reggae, the fact of the matter being that this tent had the best sound of the whole festival. The food on offer wasnt too bad either kudos to the Eco Bus, the Thai place and the brownie burgers with lentils stall.

Nice vibe, friendly people not too many scangers although I heard contrary reports of trouble at the campsite, I just live up the road from it so wasnt camping, thankfully no trouble in the arena anyways and it didnt rain too heavily with nice sunny spells on Saturday afternoon.

You are an idiot!!! If you are studying journalism maybe you should learn to write a interesting review. I do believe you know nothing about music!!! Your effort to make a ****ty comment into some sort of 'review' made me smile. You are a retard. Hope you pulled in the dance tent you festival legend!! Go winge to your mammy about sound quality. Festival was great!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

The lads from Curve were there. Had a ball, will be back. Roll on INDIEPENDENCE now.

Advertisement