Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Geog.] Subcontinental Region - Culture

Options
  • 17-05-2010 8:53pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the trivial question, but I was looking through past questions about the subcontinental region (ours is Brazil), and I found these two questions. Could anybody tell me the difference between them?

"Explain the factors that have led to cultural differences in a sub-continental region you have studied" [30m]. This is fine - I have a sample answer for this, basically outlining how Brazil has changed from being tribal due to immigration and due to colonisation.

"Explain the importance of culture in defining a sub-continental region"
    [30m]. I know this sounds like the general region question (Belgium - Wallonia/Flanders, for example) but it is for a sub-continental region. What would you be expected to answer on this? It looks like the above question, but I don't think they are looking for the same thing.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Sorry for the trivial question, but I was looking through past questions about the subcontinental region (ours is Brazil), and I found these two questions. Could anybody tell me the difference between them?

"Explain the factors that have led to cultural differences in a sub-continental region you have studied" [30m]. This is fine - I have a sample answer for this, basically outlining how Brazil has changed from being tribal due to immigration and due to colonisation.

"Explain the importance of culture in defining a sub-continental region"
    [30m]. I know this sounds like the general region question (Belgium - Wallonia/Flanders, for example) but it is for a sub-continental region. What would you be expected to answer on this? It looks like the above question, but I don't think they are looking for the same thing.

Thanks for reading.

what you need to do in the second question is name the aspect that makes the region unique e.g ethnic origin of people
    for brazil there are 3 regions. black africans north east brazil, the natives in the amazon region and the south east - europeans decendants
    say that these regions are different because of european colonisation in the 14th century and son on.

Advertisement