Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon; faulty electrical item

Options
  • 17-05-2010 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

I bought something off Amazon in March; only been used a handful of times but now doesn't work. I sent them an email about the issue. Can anybody advise about what to do/say next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

When did you send them the email, and have they responded?

Amazon have a decent reputation, I'd be pretty sure that they will arrange an RMA (Return Materials Authorisation) for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

dudara wrote: »
    When did you send them the email, and have they responded?

Amazon have a decent reputation, I'd be pretty sure that they will arrange an RMA (Return Materials Authorisation) for you.

They responded but they say that I should contact the manufacturer directly. Surely as I bought it from them they should be handling it as my contract as the buyer is with them the seller??

I made this point to them in my reply email.

I've never had an issue with faulty goods online before so I don't quite know how it works tbh:o

That's an unusual response from them - the retailer is who you have a contract with, not the manufacturer.

Although with some items (i.e. Apple), it is sometimes more efficient to deal with the manufacturer. Do you mind if I ask what is the item in question.

It's a portable speaker set.

Just heard back from them again following my email reply last night. I'm being sent a replacement free of charge and am to return the old one to them with them covering the cost of same also. Win:D

• Advertisement

Fair play to Amazon - that's a response from them

Advertisement