Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We Are The Fallen - Tear The World Down is released

Options
  • 17-05-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Take the 2003-era Evanescence line-up, subtract Amy Lee and add former American Idol contestant Carly Smithson and you get We Are The Fallen. They came to prominence last year with the release of the single Bury Me Alive but have taken until now to release their debut album.

Anyway, I've just gotten a hold of it and I quite like it so far. There's no escaping the comparisons with Evanescence but this album definitely has a lot more going for it compared with The Open Door.

Mind you, I'd be happiest if Ben Moody could put together some stuff similar to the older Evanescence stuff off Origin or Sound Asleep :).

So, anyone else listened to this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is the proper follow up to Fallen in a sense.

Do not think it is great though. It is better to anything Evanescence did after Fallen, but that is not saying much really. A 6/10 type album to my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've given it a few listens now and I think you're being a tad harsh. I'd rate it 7/10 :p
    Some of the tracks are very catchy but they seem to be the more mellow ones like "Sleep Well My Angel" or "Don't Leave Me Behind".

There's not a lot of variety in terms of song tempo either which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just something I noticed :).

To be fair I am not being harsh. If I was being harsh I would have rubbished it unfairly.

It is a bit generic. But her voice is good, and the band play pretty well. It is just nothing that has not been heard before, and nothing that really stands out.

Too many of the tracks sound alike with no great variation in pacing, and I cannot shake the feeling that it sounds dated despite only being out just over a week.

Calling it a follow up to Fallen in a sense in not an insult. It does not come close to Fallen in terms of quality but is streets ahead of The Open Door, which is a bloody awful album.

Given how many ex members are in the band, Evanescence are the obvious comparison.

I'm sticking with my 6/10. Average album. Going by it's lack of sales since release, I am thinking a lot of others think the same. Think it is listed as selling something like 15,000 copies on all formats worldwide since it's release ten days ago.

Kess73 wrote: »
    To be fair I am not being harsh. If I was being harsh I would have rubbished it unfairly.
    I wasn't being 100% serious, 6/10 was pretty close to how I would rate it. The fact that I've found myself humming some of the songs meant I would award it another point. Maybe my post needed another smiley or two? ;)

Malice_ wrote: »
    I wasn't being 100% serious, 6/10 was pretty close to how I would rate it. The fact that I've found myself humming some of the songs meant I would award it another point. Maybe my post needed another smiley or two? ;)

Yep lots more :D:):rolleyes:;):p:eek::(:mad::cool::pac::P:confused:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Been thinking about checking this out.

Been thinking about checking this out.
    That's nice. Why don't you check it out and let us know what you think. Their MySpace page is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

That's nice. Why don't you check it out and let us know what you think. Their MySpace page is here.

I've heard the single and there are only samples on their Myspace.

I've heard the single and there are only samples on their Myspace.
    Ah, well in that case how about their Last.fm page or Grooveshark?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Just about to get it off iTunes...

I always felt Amy was the real genius in the band because I love most of the songs from The Open Door, even though it wasn't quite the constant chewnage that Fallen was, but I'm actually looking forward to this a bit.

• Advertisement

I love most of the songs from The Open Door
    Wow, can't say I've encountered many people who say that :). Out of curiosity, have you listened to much of the early (pre-Fallen) Evanescence stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Glad to see their releasing a full album, as i thought they were only releasing downloadable singles.:cool::cool:

Wow, can't say I've encountered many people who say that :). Out of curiosity, have you listened to much of the early (pre-Fallen) Evanescence stuff?

Songs like CMWYS, Lithium, Good Enough and The Only One are absolute quality in my opinion. I get why people didn't like that album though, it's very different from Fallen and it does have its faults.

Yes, I'm a big fan of Origin and the various demos before that. Listen to the Rain is a particular favourite :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sarah44

Its on sale in HMV In Dundrum

Yes Sleep well my angel was dedicated on the album to Carly's friend who died in Jan in Stepaside in Dublin Bill Stafford RIP

I really like this album. Some great, great songs... I lost a friend recently also and SWMA brought tears to my eyes. A song hasn't done that to me in a long time.

A lot of what I hear on this CD is what I've missed from Fallen, there's some nostalgic magic there. It's a shame Ben and Amy aren't a team anymore but that's how it goes.

Yeh but give them a chance they will make it im sure .
    there is room for both bands out there and they look really happy to be just doing what they love to do.
    Pic of them in donington Download on Sat last.
    Go Carly!!!! Keepin it irish a good Dublin girl from Ballinteer....

114689588-c98f4c4f770f7eb0b1294f347.jpg

Advertisement