Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Schutzstaffel (SS) album 1932 - 1933

• 17-05-2010 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

Here is an early SS photo album I picked up several months ago

http://www.militaria-archive.com/AlbumsII/early-ss/index.html

It comes from a very historic period of the 3 reichstag elections between 1932 and 1933 during which the nsdap came to power. The bulk of this album is immediately before this, in the run up to and during the elections. There are multiple election posters and marches/demonstrations throughout which to me make it all the more interesting. I was tempted to post this in the WW2 forum or even the history and heritage one but militaria is probably the most appropriate.

There are also a lot of early SS uniform pictures, (including a rare one of an early SS Medic with backpack) also of them in formation with the SA and also one of the SS/SA and hamburg police posing with weapons and hound.

This photo album is from an Schutstaffel (SS) man involved in the organisation throughout the period 1932- 1933. This album covers the period of June 1932 through November 1933 when the NSDAP party participated in 3 General elections. The first election increased their mandate, the 2nd slightly decreased it and the third facilitated their rise to power in Germany. Included are interesting early Schutstaffel (SS) and Sturmabteilung (SA) uniform designs (including an SS Medic with backpack), also pictures of election posters of the period (including the famous 'wir' one and the black and white Hitler face one) and marches by the SA & SS through Hamburg and to a local party headquarters. There are also pictures of SS And SA men posing with members of the Hamburg police with weapons and hound. The cufftitle appears to be '1', the SA collar tabs appear to be numbered '9/45' or possibly '5/45'. If you can provide any further information on this album please use the email link below.

There are a lot of civilian/family pictures which I won't bore you with here but they do give a good impression of life in this particular circle at that time.
    1932_SS_19.jpg

1932_SS_21.jpg

1932_SS_27.jpg

1932_SS_26.jpg

Comments

Advertisement