Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed!

• 17-05-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

HI guys, I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here and just looking for some general advice on what to do!

Okay, well I need 360 points for the course I want to do. In the mocks I only passed 3 out of 7 subjects i'm doing as I did know work in 5th year and hardly ever in leaving cert. I need minium 2 C3s and 4 D's to get into college. I'll easily get a C in music and geography but I need to pass history and religion. Any advice on how I could scrape a pass in these when I've done F*** all work in them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Couldn't help you with religion but to make a start on history learn the case studies for all of your topics. It won't take that long - take one a day from now until the leaving cert and you should remember them! Also maybe if you have time, practice writing essays and give them to your teacher to correct which helps LOADS

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Even though the geog course is huge, questions are quite repetitive, look though the papers and study topic by topic to bring your grade up instead of settling for a C, it'l help your points overall.
    Knowing all your poetry and comparitive study work will help bring up your grade along with some ideas for your composition!
    For your 3rd language, listen to french radio/television - it'll turn your ear for the listening, learn off simple phases etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RomyF

do ordinary level history love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

The amount of people that come on here looking for quick fixes when they've done nothing for two years is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RomyF

The amount of people that come on here looking for quick fixes when they've done nothing for two years is ridiculous.

jaysis exsqueeze us love, we are not worthy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

Thread name is advice needed... not criticism needed...

To person that started this thread hope the exams went ok for you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Just knuckle down into the subjects and give it your all the day of the exam

Advertisement