Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certifying a house

Options
  • 17-05-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

i am currently 2nd fixing my aunts house and will need to get this certed , how do i go about this , do i get a rep from reci to do it or what are my options ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

My advice is go to ECSSA. They are cheaper as far as I konw and they are easier to deal with.

Fuill inthis form

http://www.ecssa.ie/includes/tiny_mce/plugins/filemanager/files/Application_for_Certification.pdf

Send it off with the money and Bob's your uncle.

ECSSA website is www.ecssa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

randy is spot on
    if you can,ask a registered contractor to have quick look at installation to point out any problems that inspectors may have.this will save time and money

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

you need to conduct a full test on house yourself before ecssa will come out and if any problems they should be fixed otherwise you will be charged for a second visit. meercat is right get a registered spark to take a look at it and test house with you before contacting ecssa or reci

Advertisement