Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strut mounts where's cheapest

• 17-05-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I took school photos today and want to present them nicely to parents. I need to do this quickly and I'm confused as to how. I'm looking for strut mounts to put the photos in preferably black but there are so many websites etc.
    I'm signed up to loads of wholesalers but don't know who is cheaper. Can you recommend anyone. I tried photovalue.com and their cheapest are the white ones but shipping is very dear. I need 10x8 and 6x4 if anyone can recommend anyone else? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

www.photomart.co.uk Not being bad but did you not know in advance if you would need them? I'd be more inclined to shop around and see what my favourite are first to be honest. stewarts have some nice ones, Jm photo have the standard school mounts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thinktwice

www.photomart.co.uk Not being bad but did you not know in advance if you would need them? I'd be more inclined to shop around and see what my favourite are first to be honest. stewarts have some nice ones, Jm photo have the standard school mounts too.

Thanks smelltheglove I know most of the schools through work but it's my first time doing the 'official school photographer' thing. I have always been on sites pricing but never really committed to anything. I know a few photographers who just give the plain images in an envelope and I don't want to do that. I'll try that site. I'm on www.pictureframe.ie at the moment and it looks good price wise - I'm just a click away from ordering black ones 20 of each size for starters total is €43.00 which isn't bad. Have you any experience of using them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

jm photo
    dlkirkpatrick

are both worth looking at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

No I havent, for some things I like to go to a suppliers where I can walk in, discuss my requirements and get what suits me best, i.e. Stewarts and JM suit me for this. Yes I can get things cheaper elsewhere sometimes and the odd time I will take that route but I find the personal service is something that is getting lost and really do recommend these suppliers for this.

If you are looking to get into school photography properly would you not go to one of these and have your name and number block printed onto them? I got this on my cd wallets and it looks great, Stewarts were great arranging it for me, ensuring the text and font was exactly as required, you pay for the block once and then every time you order after that you just pay for the print. Delivery does take a little longer then just ordering plain products but everyone who sees these wallets comments on them, very professional looking.

Have you arranged your printing yet? I'd be curious as to where you are getting your images printed.

Advertisement