Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with old Japanese Strat

• 17-05-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Just got an old 1989 Japanese Strat . Its lefthanded .

Sounds great , plays great through my JCM2000...

Only problem is it is quite hard to push down on the tremelo arm and its quite high even when spun all the way round

I re-setup the springs in the back (2 , 3 and 4 positions) .

Also its fretting out on the 17th fret on the Highe E string..

Any help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Really needs a setup. If you are not sure, take it somewhere and pay the few quid.

Otherwise, the trem might be easier to press down with one less spring in there.;)
    Action might be a bit too low with the 17th fret thing. Or some frets need to be filed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Using 9's or 10's or maybe something else????????

I'd always start by using spings 1 3 5 and put them on to lugs 2 3 4

If it floating wrong or hard push down adjust using the 2 screws holing the plate that the screws are attached to.

Fiddle with that seee how you get on if its cathing on 17th fret it could be a few things

little gimp in neck
    Protruding fret
    Tilt neck adjustment if present

If your not sure what your at bring it to someone who know

hope that helps

any questions I can answer I'll give you whatever knowledge I have

Advertisement