Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the new Google layout overwhelm you?

Options
  • 17-05-2010 11:29pm

Simple poll with simple answers.

Does Googles New Interface Overwhelm The User? 12 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    25% 3 votes
    What changes?
    75% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

Yeah, I really don't like it. I have my iGoogle set up the way I like it but the SERP's are horrible with that new sidebar on the left. I much preferred the uncluttered results which was one of Google's primary strengths in the first place. Bad move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Overwhelm is a strong a word but no- I don't like it that sidebar malarkey at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yeah "overwhelm" is a bit drastic! :)

I'm actually happy they finally brought those great search options to the fore - I used to hate having to click the "show options" link that was there previously. I use these features quite a lot, so making them easier to access is brilliant.

I honestly don't think many people will be affected by this change. The only thing that annoys me is that I am constantly looking for the "pages from Ireland" radio button below the search box, but this is now gone and replaced with a "pages from Ireland" link on the left hand side.

On another note, I wrote a blog article recently on the changes and how I just couldn't understand why they did this "fade in" effect of some items on the home page. It just seems pointless, although some argue it's due to them trying to reduce clutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement