Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod's For HTC HD2

Options
  • 18-05-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Right since the other HD2 thread is kinda in general about the phone thought id start one for little usefull mods and apps

Ill add these as i test them on my own handset, so be patient :) feel free to post your findings and ill add them to the list or request something and me or some one else might help you find it

Register and browse if you cant find anything here you might find something there -> XDA-Developers. Im only adding what i have tested making sure it works and causes no problems :)

(not to violate any developers right's ill just add links to their apps and tweaks to give them credit :) i didnt create any of these apps or mods or take owndership for them)

also for more the link brings you to the source of it where you can find more info about the app :)

most apps need .Net Compact Framework 3.5 get it here

Backing Up your device is not neccessary but incase you would need to hard reset your device i recommend to do so.

(Modding your HD2 wont damage it, but do it at your own risk)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Applications

Bsb Tweaks 1.6 -> Link - Application lets you manage certain phone functions without scratching your head, change the language of manila and choose pinch and zoom on applications

WM Long Life 0.66 Beta -> Link - Great Background application to auto 3G and 2G and data management connectivity app to save battery life on you phone. Tested and works great :)

O Market - > Link - Alternative for Windows Market Place (more apps)

Modifications of Sense UI

Puts the Unlock Slider Bar at the bottom of the screen. Download here

Removes black background on all manila slides so you could use your own wallpaper. Download here

Removes black background from manila slides and changes your home menu shortcuts from 3X3 to 5X5. Download
    here

Adds a Wifi Toggle Soft button and a Reset Button to your Windows Menu (can be added as shortcuts). Download here

Hold Send Key for 3 seconds to open Showcase Task Manager/Switcher (very usefull since WM dont have a dedicated button for this :S). Download
    here

Few updates :)

AutoBacklight Toggle -> Link

App for Using a PS3 Sixaxis controller on your phone for FpseCE or other games. Wii Mote or Xbox 360 Remotes not supported yet...Wii Mote is next on the list

havent tried this yet but as on FpseCE and XDA forums said it works with some minor adjustments in controllers :) its still a work in progress though

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=689984

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I really need something to lock the screen, I did use s2u2 before but that locked out marketplace, tried smartlock which is pants. any other ideas?

u mean for general screen lock or while calling? Cookies home tab has a few lock screens. did you try that? has a s2u2 type one and hd2 mini one and normal manilla one only with diff layout?

what exactly is wrong with the stock one for u?

if i know what you need exactly might be easier to help

Cookies Hometab Link

It is mainly for during calls, I am sick to death off things being hit off during calls and either cutting someone off or hitting buttons.

I think I will have to go the S2U2 route and forget about marketplace :( The phone doesn't lock right now during calls at all.

did you try BsB Tweaks?

i have a link above...there's a function on it to lock during calls that might help ;)

did you try BsB Tweaks?

i have a link above...there's a function on it to lock during calls that might help ;)

No I haven't tried that, what else does that do?

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    No I haven't tried that, what else does that do?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=589305 detailed describtion at XDA site.

Cookies hometab editor has the same function too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I just tried this and noticed a huge difference. Well worth doing. :)

http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-hd2-gets-wi-fi-802-11n-with-a-registry-tweak/

Speed Up Web Page Loading Considerably
    The following registry tweak will enable almost instantaneous web page loading in the web browser. It apparently enables wireless N mode but seems to work with cellular data too. Go to:
    HKLM/Comm/BCMSDDHD1/Parms
    11nModeDisable = Change from 1 to 0

bsb tweaks 1.6 does the same thing only by a click of the button though...theres an option to enable wifi n

u want it? its all there...

New and improved XDA HTC HD2 (aka LEO) wiki page

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:HTC_Leo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I finally got froyo 2.2 on my hd2 but I have to say that the android browser isn't great, it seems quite jumpy. It's no where near as smooth as opera mobile 10 winmo so I'm back using it!

did u try sense builds? their far more stable...i tried all the froyo builds out there and everything just crashes for me :S but no problems with sense.

browser wise its not great but i didnt have any problems with it...remember because due to the fact the power management isnt finished on android CPU isnt always working right so loading up all that flash material slows ur browser down and might make it laggy...also the Wifi 3G issues on the android might make it seem slow...

a new build of Desire 2.2 is meant to be coming soon...meant to be increased kernel size with around 10 sec boot and massive speed and stability boost...think darkstone is releasing it.

Ever got annoyed with horrible speaker and headphone sound quality? :)

Well heres your answer :) SRS WOW HD

Tried this a while ago and it gave superb sound quality after that...the speaker sound quality is what you would expect now and headphone quality is great too :)

It does reduce the loudness of the speaker but feck it what good is the sound if it makes your ears bleed :)

When you go into settings just set the present for WOWbass and it will work like a charm

Direct download HERE

=========================================================

Easy way multi task :)ArkSwitch i used TaskFasade for a long time but it was annoying sometimes when i had no "Kill All" function in it though it was a beatifull way to switch/kill between tasks ;)

Download Link ArkSwitch 1.2.0

Download Link TaskFasade

Touch X Hexagon 4 Row Menu

The name does what it says turns from 3 across menu into 4 across :)

Download Link Touch X Hexagon 4 Row Menu

CobaltController this project has started a few months ago and its mainly used to connect Wii or PS3 controller to control Game Emulators for PSx and Nintendo (note you need 1.3 ver of cobalt-controller to work with FPSECe)

Download Ver. 0.3 CobaltController

Download Ver. 0.7 CobaltController

Notes you need .NetCF 3.5 to make it work (you can get it HERE)

As the version name suggest its still not a final release so expect maybe some bug's or w/e though i haven't had any problems with it :)

Transparent Soft Keys (ones at the bottom where windows start key is as well with phone/menu ) removes the bulky ugly boxes :)

Download link Transparent Soft Keys

Useful pages on XDA:

XDA Sense 2.5 tweaks & mods Post 1

XDA Sense 2.5 tweaks & mods Post 2

That is it for now :)

Remember all this work is done by devs not me :)

I'm just posting their useful work :)

Advertisement