Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - 15% packet loss - Rathmines

• 18-05-2010 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Anyone else getting serious packet loss on UPC? My power levels are fine, 4dB recieve, 38dB xmit...

Tonight I've been getting anywhere between 7 and 20% packet loss, with the average around 15%. Never happened before...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

the_law wrote: »
    Anyone else getting serious packet loss on UPC? My power levels are fine, 4dB recieve, 38dB xmit...

Tonight I've been getting anywhere between 7 and 20% packet loss, with the average around 15%. Never happened before...

Do you have the combined modem router?

And if so have you turned off the router firewall and flood control?

17093692.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭the_law

Nope - modem only here.

Problem resolved itself after a modem reboot, which synced on a different freq to before. Hopefully it'll stay this way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

the_law wrote: »
    Nope - modem only here.

Problem resolved itself after a modem reboot, which synced on a different freq to before. Hopefully it'll stay this way...

Glad to hear your sorted.

Advertisement