Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Starter Plane

Options
  • 18-05-2010 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a plane for training, general fun, have a field I can use it in.

Looking at this one -- http://www.boyztoys.ie/?0ls:item,c:895,id:3449 -- Not sure if it's a little too advanced, I like that it comes with software for training on PC before bringing it out. However I haven't two clues to rub together about this stuff.

Any thoughts or opinions? Literally on day one of doing this, looks very interesting :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

The super cub is a good trainer and is a popular choice for newbies. That model comes with a 27mhz radio that I've heard may be prone to interference. They have a dearer supercub on their site that comes with a 2.4ghz radio that's supposedley interference free (I have one). Check out the squadronleader website as they stock this plane and dozens of others. They have a good forum where you can ask questions and the guys are very helpful.

I bought my first plane 3 months ago. It is a Parkzone Radian electric glider. I did well flying it for 10 weeks until I attempted a stupid stunt, ie a loop too close to the ground, and my beautiful plane hammered into the muck. I'm in the process of repairing it at the moment.

It's great fun flying these planes but don't get cocky or you'll end up collecting bits and pieces from your field.

Advertisement