Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5.1/2.1 help please

• 18-05-2010 3:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i dont know if this is the right place for this but hopefully someone can help me put.

I replaced my broken speakers with a cheap technika 5.1/2.1 home theatre system, its working fine except i have had to plug various inputs into different sources. I have it set up as follows:

Sub & centre speaker are plugged into the tv which has only ONE left/right output.

Left & right are plugged into sky+box.

So far the sky works perfect, sound is coming from 3 speakers and the sub. The main problem is the xbox is plugged into the tv via HDMI, and the sound only comes from the actual tv speakers and the sub & centre.

As mentioned the tv has only 1 red/white sound out port, my question is there any way of getting the sub, centre, left & right to plug into this slot with them working? In my own head i see it as being a 2 red, 2 white input, 1 red, 1 white output? Or possibly even a red/white to 1 3.5mm jack twice, then out to red/white? Does such a device exist or am i out of luck? It's really annoying having to mess around to get sound from everything each time i want to use it

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Actually would two of these do the trick??
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29192#features

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

It sounds to me like you need a receiver. Most speakers aren't designed to be plugged right into any sort of output device and need to all be connected up to a central hub. Can you give some kind of diagram to help paint a clearer picture of what it looks like at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

A receiver would be the best solution as C14N said. For a quick fix a phono switch might do for now.

Advertisement