Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxback from Australia

Options
  • 18-05-2010 5:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi everyone,
    Im just about to leave Australia after working here for 6 months (WH Visa). I want to claim my taxback asap and wondering if anyone has a list of what documents I need to have in order to do this (I'd like to organise this before I leave if possible). Thinking about claiming myself but also is there any TAX BACK companies that you'd reccommend?
    Also do you know how to go about claiming back your Super contributions.. Heading to Asia in 10 days and would be fantastic to get the cash while we're there! Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Hi everyone,
    Im just about to leave Australia after working here for 6 months (WH Visa). I want to claim my taxback asap and wondering if anyone has a list of what documents I need to have in order to do this (I'd like to organise this before I leave if possible). Thinking about claiming myself but also is there any TAX BACK companies that you'd reccommend?
    Also do you know how to go about claiming back your Super contributions.. Heading to Asia in 10 days and would be fantastic to get the cash while we're there! Thanks..

Don't mean to p*** on your parade but you're unlikely to get it in the next month no matter what you do. The same as any country, you'll need an end of employment statement showing what you've been paid and what you're contributions are.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

we'll be in asia for a few months so getting it by July or August would be great.. I was just hoping to start the process before I left..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

you can apply for it as soon as you leave the country (if you have the correct forms)

you can download and use eTax 2009 and print it off and cross of the 2009 bit with 2010 and use this form

http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/NAT3407-04.pdf

Don't use tax return companies, to be honest if you have nothing to claim you pretty much fill in the same details as eTax

Advertisement