Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dm500 tuner

• 18-05-2010 5:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I think my Tuner is gone on my dm500.
    I have perfect signal near 100% but i cant lock or sync the signal.

SO I have no picture, tried reflashing and using different images but no good.

AFAIK the new tuner needs to be soldered, does anyone know a place or person in IRE or Eng who would be able to do this job for me.

Is my warranty void due to the fact that I have patched the box from its original image.

Any advice Lads,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

settopbox wrote: »

AFAIK the new tuner needs to be soldered, does anyone know a place or person in IRE or Eng who would be able to do this job for me.

Is my warranty void due to the fact that I have patched the box from its original image.

Any advice Lads,

Thanks

You can always reload the original image.... although i doubt that that would effect your warranty. Best going through your supplier TBH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

settopbox wrote: »

Any advice Lads,

Thanks
    For the price of getting the tuner fixed. you'd be better off buying a clone for about €50 imo, tuners really are very poor on the dm's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

If you bought it cheap or in the last 2 year, it probably a clone. Dream Media stopped making them 2 years ago. The clones have fairly flaky tuners that are solider on to the motherboard and can't be replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Eagle boxes tend to be better quality than dm500 clones, and are a similar price.

Advertisement