Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera/lens repair for dublin?

• 18-05-2010 9:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭

hi gang,
    lens is broken (stuck) need to get it fixed today. preferably in dublin city somewhere. I went to another thread that suggested places but those seem to be gone.
    Somewhere that's good but not too expensive would be great.
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

hi gang,
    lens is broken (stuck) need to get it fixed today. preferably in dublin city somewhere. I went to another thread that suggested places but those seem to be gone.
    Somewhere that's good but not too expensive would be great.
    thanks!

If the lens is stuck as you say it's not the small job it might appear and you certainly won't get it done today.

There is only one official Canon agent in Ireland, ISS, and they generally send stuff to Canon UK for repairs.

Here's the UK contact if you want to do it yourself:

Canon Consumer Imaging
    Unit 130,
    Centennial Park
    Elstree Hill
    South Elstree
    England

TEL: 0044 8443690100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

Thanks for that. It's a Nikon and I know that there's a place in Meath but I was just hoping that it would be possible to get it fixed in a day
    OPTIMISTIC!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Unfortunately, if this is a compact digicam, the lens being stuck is a fairly expensive thing to fix. I work at a Fuji dealer and if the mechanism is broken I've seen quotes as high as €170 to fix it! It's usually not worth it. Depending on the extent of the damage you might be better off getting a new camera unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

it's a digital SLR. okay. i've resigned myself to sending it to the lens doctors in meath and i'll hope for the best.
    I'll report back to let ye know how i got on :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's a chap on the northside of dublin who does repair too, but you're talking a couple of weeks rather than a day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement