Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

%*$#@&* greenfly!

• 18-05-2010 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭

Aaargh! I've just cycled into work and I'm covered with the hateful things. I was slapping them dead and flicking them away at every junction. Hundreds of them. Kept feeling them crash into my face as I cycled. Had to take off my top when I arrived to get rid of the ones that had crawled down inside, and now even the thought of it makes me feel itchy. Yeuch, yeuch, yeuch. Sometimes leafy suburbia in summer is not all it's cracked up to be.

Sorry. Just had to vent. Aaaah, that feels better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

extra breakfast protein ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

F•ckers got me too. Least 60on my shirt. *grumble grumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

extra breakfast protein ?

Low in fat too!

Definitely must be an acquired taste though, yuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Strat_XP_Werx_on_Werx_2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Must be something to do with the weather or something.
    There were thousands flying around at the new courthouse at the entrance to the Phoenix park.
    Freaked me out a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ha, good thread, I was just thinking the same thing!

Coming back from Donnybrook and I must have swallowed about 3 or 4 of them, another 3 into my eyes, argh! Everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

a massive bee flew into my top last saturday ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Arrgh!

Watched a wasp fly into my nephew's mouth one day last summer. That was fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I had a pile of greenfly and a very cute ladybird on my jumper yesterday morning. Most of them had flown off by the time I got to work though. Much fewer today in the damp conditions. I conclude that greenfly don't have raincoats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Coming back from Donnybrook and I must have swallowed about 3 or 4 of them

As a child, I remember hearing about a cure for this complaint. The case involved an elderly lady.

What you do next is to swallow a spider.

EDIT. WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please ignore the above advice.

I have just read the coroners report. It ended very very tragically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement