Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jamie O'Hara considering playing for Ireland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

yabadabado wrote: »
    tim cahill didnt play for us because he played for some island when he was about 15.I think there was a rule change or he got a waiver and then chose australia.

ohhh, im the wiser now, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

iirc he played for samoa because his family lived there for a while due to his dads's work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

yabadabado wrote: »
    iirc he played for samoa because his family lived there for a while due to his dads's work.

Is it not Gary Cahill were talking about here?

On O'Hara id take him in a heartbeat. Once he donned the green jersey he would give it 110% every game. Hes a right little battler and has a great engine on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Rob113 wrote: »
    Is it not Gary Cahill were talking about here?
    Tim Cahill wanted to play for us in 2002 and considered taking legal action against Fifa over it, under the current rules he'd be eligible. Pity, imagine him and Roy Keane in central midfield for us in that World Cup

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2002/1820871.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I would have no problem with O'hara being called up if he wants to play for us. The guy is a proven Premiership player and we can't refuse the likes of that.

I would have no problem with him playing for us, he qualifies, and i would have much more respect for him switching allegiance and declaring for us than i would for a certain player who has everything to offer his country and will not.

Advertisement