Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Carvery in Dublin

Options
  • 18-05-2010 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a good carvery lunch in the city centre, maybe around the Henry St/O'Connell St area?

For the record, the best places in Dublin I have eaten in for carvery are

The Bell in Blanch/Castleknock
    The Deadmans in Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I love Anns Bakery. You can get a starter or dessert with a main course for 12.95, not everyone's favourite but I love going in there for some reason.

You could also try Madigans on O'Connell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Lux23 wrote: »
    I love Anns Bakery. You can get a starter or dessert with a main course for 12.95, not everyone's favourite but I love going in there for some reason.

You could also try Madigans on O'Connell Street.

foul

op, try le bon crubeen on talbot street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Best carvery I've had was in The Halfway House in Ashtown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

I go to McTurtails on Tara St for my lunch most days, plate is always clean when collected so would recommend there..

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Definitely has to be the Coachmans Inn just beside the airport!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I go to McTurtails on Tara St for my lunch most days, plate is always clean when collected so would recommend there..

+1

Bangers and Mash with onion gravy are superb. Only around €9 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Best carvery is in the Submarine Bar in Walkinstown.

In another life, the company I worked for had the audit for Servequip who installed and maintained pub/hotel catering equipment!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Any idea what hours the carvery is open til?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I ended up going to Nancy Hands, as it was tried and trusted for me, although I hadn't been there recently.

I was extremely disappointed. The carvery itself is there, but you must sit down and they bring it over to you. I was waiting 20 minutes for my order to be taken, whilst only 2 minutes afterwards to get the food. It was not worth waiting for.

Next time I am in town, I'll try McTurcaills. I haven't been there in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Ashtons in Clonskeagh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

O'Neills in the city centre (that street of Dame Street) is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fan of Peggy Kellys in Harolds Cross, haven't been there in a while but it used to be anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Fan of Peggy Kellys in Harolds Cross, haven't been there in a while but it used to be anyway.

:(
    pub just up from that has a rep for quality food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

toddys bar in the gresham do a good carvery if you're looking for town...

otherwise, the coachmans or commiskeys off the navan road get my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

sinnotts is hard to beat in my opinion. the portions are outrageous so go hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

fontanalis wrote: »
    O'Neills in the city centre (that street of Dame Street) is quite good.

Definitely second this. Ate there last month and the food was just beautiful. Not too pricey and the portions are huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Round O ,Navan street aint bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I had some carvery in the deadmans last weekend for a change and I didnt like it at all, scaldy cabbage and mash like a brick, I wouldnt go back again.

I usually go to the arc beside liffey valley and I've never had a bad dinner or left feeling hungry either.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

poisonated wrote: »
    Ashtons in Clonskeagh.

Second this!! Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Bambi wrote: »
    Any idea what hours the carvery is open til?

Not sure i know it starts at 12, i'll have a look today see if there is a sign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Apologies for dragging up a 10 year old thread but it's always been a Xmas tradition that we go out for a carvery the Sunday before Xmas, normally go to O'Neills on Suffolk St but that appears to be closed at the moment.

Anyone recommend a place that doesn't a nice carvery that you can sit in and eat in these times?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If the Yacht in Clontarf is open they do a great carvery. Maybe give them a buzz.

Short walk from Clontarf DART, 130 bus.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Probably too far out but may be worthwhile for some..... O'Dwyers Portmarnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’d second the yacht and O’Dwyers

Advertisement