Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do I get my line re-classified to its correct status??

• 18-05-2010 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

At end of March I tracked down that internal telephone wiring was completely wrong, re did it and instead of synching at 4086, with 3.6mb., it now syncs at 7616 with 6.6mb. I got a top guy in VF to upgrade the profile in early April and apart from the usual evening slowdown it has been great. However, I now learn I should have been put on 12:1 contention from the outset but VF put me on 48:1 and still charged me for 12:1, another story. When I rang TS yesterday to ge put back on 12:1 I was told my line was showing only suitable for 4086 still and as the 12:1 contention was for 8mb I could not be upgraded. I cant ring eircom as I am with VF and VF will not advise eircom of the new line capability as they only buy a service., and it is not in their interest to give me 12:1, they lose money.

Anyone know how I get this resolved?

and sorry if it is in wrong place.

gb--

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    but VF put me on 48:1 and still charged me for 12:1,

gb--

there's your escape route...simply explain this is what you paid for and if they don't change it back you're cancelling your account because of a breach on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mcobrien

Hi there, I have a similar problem - my line is classified as supporting 5MB/s although my line stats (according to http://212.23.23.177/ADSL/default.aspx) should support 8MB/s.

Is it possible to get eircom/whoever to reclassify my line and get higher speeds?

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

I never did get this resolved. You would think it would in the interests of both Eircom and VF to have the best possible line in use as a dearer package would then be available!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    I never did get this resolved. You would think it would in the interests of both Eircom and VF to have the best possible line in use as a dearer package would then be available!!

Eircom get paid the same regardless of your package.

Vodafone have not sorted this yet for you. You should get back on to them as Eircom would not listen to your complaint unless it was through Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

Eircom get paid the same regardless of your package.

Vodafone have not sorted this yet for you. You should get back on to them as Eircom would not listen to your complaint unless it was through Vodafone.

Go send a PM to the vodafone reps on this forum - I've found them to be quick and reasonable.

Vodafone Boards forum

• Advertisement
Advertisement