Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its great but this new drummer blows

So tell me this....why was the Rev a watered-down version of Portnoy? They had the apprentice, now they lucky to have the master.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Mushy wrote: »
    So tell me this....why was the Rev a watered-down version of Portnoy? They had the apprentice, now they lucky to have the master.
    +1
    Wasnt the rev an admirer of portnoy anyway! Thats why they have him now!

Some people wouldnt recognise musical ability if a guitar held by dimebag darrell and randy rhoads hit them in the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Max Power1 wrote: »
    +1

Some people wouldnt recognise musical ability if a guitar held by dimebag darrell and randy rhoads hit them in the face

Brilliantly put, I think A7X fans need to cop on to themselves as they've literally got one of the worlds greatest drummers in their band, and he deserves their respect alone for how gracious he's been, in keeping that medicore band alive..

Max Power1 wrote: »
    +1
    Wasnt the rev an admirer of portnoy anyway! Thats why they have him now!

Yeah Portnoy was apparently Rev's favourite drummer, so its a respect thing that Portnoy is doing it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Thats some insane sh1t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

If you're going to insult the band at least spell the name right. You know the way everyone else on the thread has done. Unless you're trying to be funny and just not being very good at it.

You are right. Misspelling the bands name whilst insulting them is just insulting. Thanks for pointing that out.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

The rev was also a damn good drummer you know.

Yes, although like an even more famous drummer, his studio work was always alot better than his live output.

I only say this from my own limited viewing of them live.

And here be another new song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Jesus thats fu*king awful, like a really really bad Metallica song

Jesus thats fu*king awful, like a really really bad Metallica song
    +1

kinda like the way trivium's "the crusade" was, why do all bands of that fan base seem to try and ape metallica when they are popular!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jemser

I see Avenged Sevenfold and Ston Sour are doing a UK tour in Oct/Nov any chance of them making it over here??
    the new song aint half bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Sounds like a pile of ****e to me. Very simplistic drumming compared to what u usually hear from Portnoy.

**Vai** wrote: »
    Sounds like a pile of ****e to me. Very simplistic drumming compared to what u usually hear from Portnoy.
    Didnt they just have him play the parts the Rev had already written?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

I assume so yeah, its more a tribute drum track than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sunnysummer

just had a listen to Nightmare -really like it. Fair enough the drumming isnt anything like how good it was but a good enough effort. It much better than what you hear on allot of stuff these days.
    liking a few of the more mellow tracks as well which i never thought Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Just cements the fact that the Rev should've stayed in Pinkly Smooth.

This albums a downer and the one before it was just empty- the two previous where fun though. The Rev was a better singer than Shadows and their main song writer. It's going to be interesting to see what way they go- whether they keep the name or even the style, now that he's passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

have to say I did like the album (not Danger Line though), got chills when listening to Fiction :\

Just cements the fact that the Rev should've stayed in Pinkly Smooth.

This albums a downer and the one before it was just empty- the two previous where fun though. The Rev was a better singer than Shadows and their main song writer. It's going to be interesting to see what way they go- whether they keep the name or even the style, now that he's passed.
    cant see them doing anything but, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr.Ed

Saw the video today no sign of Mike Portnoy in it, wonder who the next permanent drummer will be

just had a listen to Nightmare -really like it. Fair enough the drumming isnt anything like how good it was but a good enough effort. It much better than what you hear on allot of stuff these days.
    liking a few of the more mellow tracks as well which i never thought Id say

Its the exact same with added Octoban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Astro Zombie

Im sure that they will carry on as the sevenfold we know. They're top of the chart, the have one of the biggest and most loyal fanbases of all the modern metal acts. number one on billboard, man thats an acheivment. It wont be the same without Jimmy, but I'd say theres another chapter to be added to the book of nightmares...

Delighted MP has a number 1, fitting after 25 years in the business.

Despite not being a fan, fair play to the others in the band, they pulled through big time here.

Advertisement