Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cf pistol licences

Options
  • 18-05-2010 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi
    has anyone been granted a cf pistol licence in the kilkenny/carlow division by chief super mcgarry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Anyone refused or granted in the Roscommon/Longford division???

Please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭.270 remington

just off the phone to district court office there is a lot of appeals lodged
    some due to due to be heard in july

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭.270 remington

has any one information on above

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If they didnt happen in July,Sept is the next date for such as the DC re opens for busisness then.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

macnas wrote: »
    Anyone refused or granted in the Roscommon/Longford division???

Please PM me.
    why not put up a poll to see what cf licences have been issued in what divisions. afaik none have been issued in athlone area,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Or go to a few shoots and get it from the horses mouth

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Bananaman wrote: »
    Or go to a few shoots and get it from the horses mouth

B'Man
    thats kinda the problem there is very few horses around, and the question then is it the recession or no licences.
    but most of cf lads used to hang around here as we were getting pretty up to the minute info here

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Plus, go to a few shoots and one person gets the answer.
    Post it here, and everyone gets the answer, both those asking now and those asking in a few months time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Mr Mole

I believe a poll would be a great idea, good suggestion Triskell.
    I havent an idea how to set it up, but I understand that all that is needed is a list of every Garda Division, and the appropriate box to list if YOUR centrefire is refused / granted. Maybe it could also be extended to include other Restricted Firearms? If anyone can set it up, lets go with Centrefire Pistol/ revolver first. Any ideas? It would be great to assist in identifying the reality of the "blanket ban". Of course it would also have to cater for licences refused, and then granted after legal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

As Mr. Mole said, the most important thing is that people only report their own firearm/license - otherwise you will get multiple people reporting the same firearm/license and skewing the stats

B'Man

• Advertisement
Advertisement