Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

height adjustable seatposts

• 18-05-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Yes, all seatposts are height adjustable :p but i think this is a brilliant idea for ANY MTB. I hate having to constantly get off and lower seatposts for sharply descending trails then again to raise it when the trail levels out. It's expensive but surely a good long term investment, as you can take it from bike to bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Itsfixed wrote: »
    It's expensive but surely a good long term investment

For €250 I'll cycle behind you and adjust your saddle height on request, hell for that I'll cycle it for you:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, you're talking the guts of €300 for something with very niche benefit. They mention that it'll be popular with cross-country riders, but they can be fairly obsessive about weight, and this thing is not light.

Definitely handy to have mid-race, but XC racers really have that much trouble with the seat getting in their way?

An utter waste of money when you're not racing unless you really hate those five seconds it takes to lower/raise your saddle before a descent/climb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Your average all mountain/trail rider would get plenty of use out of this. A bunch of the guys in Epic have them. I think that the general consensus is that there is some improvement needed before they are worth the cost...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Your average all mountain/trail rider would get plenty of use out of this.
    Yeah but €300. You could buy all sorts of performancing-improving bits with that kind of cash. Like wheels or forks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

Yes, i appreciate that its expensive, and there are cheaper ones about, such as the Crankbros Joplin, but yes, i really really hate those 5 seconds that you have to spend lowering or raising the seatpost before a descent or climb.

Especially if you are in a fast-moving group with chaps who don't ever feel the need to adjust their own posts. I like my saddle high for normal uphill cycling but my centre of gravity goes out of whack if i keep it high when descending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I remember the original Hite-Rite seatpost adjuster, no longer made but cool at the time.
    A lot simpler than that design.

Advertisement