Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greed is the Knife.....................

Options
  • 18-05-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

On East Wall Road ..''Greed is the Knife and the Scars run Deep'', really well done , does not seem to be the work of the usual fly by night ''artists''. What's that all about then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Massers stuff can be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I can't stomach spray can merchants but this stuff is worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Yep good stuff , thought provoking which I suppose is the point of good art. If art has a point!
    Just found his Twelvedoors ...more good stuff.

http://irishstreetart.com/2010/05/02/best-street-art-ireland/maser-street-art-dublin-2/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

This is rather brilliant. For years, I thought our graffiti consisted of "f*ck", "sh*t" and "IRA"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a few shops on georges street has 'maser loves you' on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AndyMcAndy

Well worth a goo: irishstreetart.com/tag/maser/

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Discussion about this now on 2fm, it's lyrics from a Damien Dempsey song, supposedly a part of a bigger project to raise awareness for homelessness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Yeah, it's from the Damien Dempsey song Colony.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Masers great. We need more artists like him. Nothing but contempt for taggers, but actual street artists are worth their weight in gold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

Anyone remember 'Sayonara Grasshopper in Ringsend', a completely mystifying piece of graffiti on a wall near Harolds Cross bridge?

Must be about 10+ years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I drive past this everyday
    I think it's great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I love seeing this stuff around Dublin.

4849346372_ee34b76bc7_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jasperjarvis

Anyone remember 'Sayonara Grasshopper in Ringsend', a completely mystifying piece of graffiti on a wall near Harolds Cross bridge?

Must be about 10+ years ago...
    This is probably a reference to a long gone TV series calle Kung Fu which aired in the early 70's. David Carradine played a kung Fu pupil who was being taught the martial arts by an old Confucian sage. This particular sage used to call him Little Grasshopper. however Sayonara is Japanese for goodbye and the Kung Fu thing was set in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah him and Damien Dempsey did a thing where Maser put up lyrics from his songs.

Their website is here and has all their work on it: http://www.theyareus.ie/work-so-far.html#2

I really like...
    2.jpg

3.jpg

11.jpg

Advertisement