Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Millwall fan gets thumped by police

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Shame. Thought i was gonna see Rod liddle get a truncheon in the face Garda at the Dail style, god knows he has it coming to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That's a nice tidy jab-and-step the copper has. Up a staircase and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

event wrote: »

Always nice to see.

not such a billy big balls now, is he?

Eh, why is it nice to see?

And not that I'm condoning it or anything but he is being held back by some of his mates from what I can see, he is an idiot and doesn't want to back off.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Another power hungry copper. That kid is no more than 13 or 14.

What scum the police over there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Cops beating up 14 year olds is what you like to see?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

If the copper had any brains he'd have given him a proper belt. But then the police over there are nice and sneaky... Give him a dig to let him know who's boss, but also a dig that's light and easy enough so there'll be no mark.

But the kid is some tulip anyway; trying to fight to get out of the grip of his mates to fly in and attack two Yorkshire police constables... Really smart. Them lads have been dealing with the Leeds Service Crew for years. Like one little Millwall Fairy is gonna stop them!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah, i like to see scumbags that break down a barrier to get and home fans and attack them getting a thump

i like to see scumbags who attack buses with kids on them with bricks, bottles and bins get a thump.

i dont really care what ages he is. him and his group of "fans" attacked the huddersfield fans and when the police came they backed off a slight bit. said fan wouldnt back off after a few warnings so the copper lamped him.

get off some of your high horses there, these are the type of fans who came over and destroyed lansdowne in the game against england.

If you are going to be a hooligan, be prepared to get a few slaps along the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

This kid is not innocent, he was in the guards face screaming abuse at him. It will be interesting to see what occured before that incident because that video was only the end of the incident between the two, there was obviosuly something before that riled them both. Hooliganism will start to creep back into the game as fans know that police are afraid of reacting because of the wide media attention. Police can not be heavy handed because there are cameras all around the ground capturing everything. Neither party is innocent, the guard should not have reacted so much but the kid did provoke it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No need for him to punch a kid like that, even for verbals.

Hopefully he'll be on the end of a kicking himself from somebody his own size sooner or later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

said fan wouldnt back off after a few warnings so the copper assaulted him.

FYP there.

Whatever people's feelings about hippies/hoolies/scumbags/provos/lefties/nazis or whatever other group you care to dislike, the law is supposed to be upheld by the police, not broken.

It's football violence, but not as we know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted!

Solely down to my utter disgust at how that crowd of "fans" still act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

What happened to the middle cop of the three at the top of the stairs just before the clip finished? Looks as if he lost his footing and nearly fell on his backside, that would have been the best bit of the clip :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It is cretins like this in that made it impossible to play a proper cup final this year in Holland.
    The final was now played over 2 legs, both legs with only the homesupporters allowed entrance.
    A travesty.

The more these kids get what they deserve the sooner we might be able to go to a football match in a normal way again.

Nice jab that police has, should have hit harder though.

From what I can make out in the clip, the policeman shoves the kid up the stairs and the kid then fronts him. Not saying the kid is right, but what is a 14-15 year old going to do when he's manhandled in front of his mates? Looks to me like the policeman needlessly escalated the situation.

I've sympathy for most police in those situations, but anybody who has been to needle away matches knows that a minority of them can sometimes be as bad as the people they are supposed to be policing.

yeah, i like to see scumbags that break down a barrier to get and home fans and attack them getting a thump

i like to see scumbags who attack buses with kids on them with bricks, bottles and bins get a thump.

i dont really care what ages he is. him and his group of "fans" attacked the huddersfield fans and when the police came they backed off a slight bit. said fan wouldnt back off after a few warnings so the copper lamped him.

get off some of your high horses there, these are the type of fans who came over and destroyed lansdowne in the game against england.

If you are going to be a hooligan, be prepared to get a few slaps along the way

A big +1

If they are big enough to be hooligan scumbags, they are big enough for a thump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Delighted.

Let all scum in that position know what they are dealing with.

You do not own the stadium you are in, you are subject to the rule of law, if you not only fail to heed the word of law enforcement but also act in a threatening manner then that is what you get.

Hate that cowardly mob mentality.

inforfun wrote: »
    It is cretins like this in that made it impossible to play a proper cup final this year in Holland.
    The final was now played over 2 legs, both legs with only the homesupporters allowed entrance.
    A travesty.

The more these kids get what they deserve the sooner we might be able to go to a football match in a normal way again.

Nice jab that police has, should have hit harder though.
    The more that violence is used the bigger the trouble is going to get. I can guarantee you that there are people looking at that video and disgusted by the cop, some other teenagers hear about this and decide to do something similar and it could spread quickly.

The smart move with stuff like this is to just move them off as safely as you can without getting physically involved with them.

The long term solution is teaching kids that its wrong at an early age.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Down with this sort of thing

down-with-this-sort-of-thing1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

The Police over in Engerland are bigger hooligans than most of the mobs.

Good job some of the people here are not repsonsible for policing football matches. The key is non-escalation and efficient policng, not unformed rambos dishing it out on behalf of the armchair moralists.

Police actions like the one shown can lead to serious distrubances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Oh for pete's sake, so a copper clipped a little scrote. Proper order if you ask me. Go cry into your Guardians you bunch of far-left soft-c**ks.

First bit of discipline the little sh*t's probably had in his entire life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I'm in two minds on this one.

On the one hand while the copper was being provoked and the fans were abusive, etc, at the same time, it wasn't really a fair fight. If you hit a copper you go to prison. But a copper can hit you alright. Doesn't seem fair to me. Copper's are allowed used force to defuse a situation, but I'm not sure he was in any danger here and I'm not sure they are allowed assault someone. The fan didn't look like he was resisting arrest or anything.

I wonder will the copper face any disciplinary action.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Oh for pete's sake, so a copper clipped a little scrote. Proper order if you ask me. Go cry into your Guardians you bunch of far-left soft-c**ks.

First bit of discipline the little sh*t's probably had in his entire life.
    Nobody is saying the kid was right but the copper is clearly wrong in this instance. Next time this kid is there he might have a baton, knife or even a gun. This copper could be to blame for a cop being killed in the future.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nobody is saying the kid was right but the copper is clearly wrong in this instance. Next time this kid is there he might have a baton, knife or even a gun. This copper could be to blame for a cop being killed in the future.

So because the kid was punished for violating the law this time, the copper should be held accoutnable for the future crimes he commits?

The kid was clearly in the wrong. He was in thw wrong to begin with, all of them were. Add to that the non-compliant and threatening behaviour and the copper was 100% right.

Christ, if the cop had done nothing then we'd have people saying that the hooligans feel like they can do what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Sorry but what did the kid do wrong in the first place to warrant being pushed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Bravo Mr Policeman.

Lot of Robert Kilroy-Silks on boards this weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

stovelid wrote: »
    No need for him to punch a kid like that, even for verbals.

Hopefully he'll be on the end of a kicking himself from somebody his own size sooner or later.

I agree, no need to punch him...

He should have battered him to a pulp with the stick instead...

Keyzer wrote: »
    I agree, no need to punch him...

He should have battered him to a pulp with the stick instead...

Of course, it's grand when it's a mouthy teenager wearing a certain kind of clothing, but when innocent supporters - like United in Portugal - get slapped around by the cops, you'll all be pissing in your knickers.

The police are there to enforce order, not to settle scores and giving them carte-blanche to do so increases the chances of them "making mistakes" when they treat all supporters like animals - something that some of you might know if you actually went to matches, especially away ones.

• Advertisement

Of course, it's grand when it's a mouthy teenager wearing a certain kind of clothing, but when innocent supporters - like United in Portugal - get slapped around by the cops, you'll all be pissing in your knickers.

The police are there to enforce order, not to settle scores and giving them carte-blanche to do so increases the chances of them "making mistakes" when they treat all supporters like animals - something that some of you might know if you actually went to matches, especially away ones.

No.

EDIT: Do you not agree the fans were commiting a crime to begin with? Even before the one closest to the coppers started acting aggressively?

You seem to want to allow Hooligans to occupy private property, act violently in a herd and then act in a threatening manner to the officers assigned to deal with them and have no punishment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Here is a report of what happened leading up to this incident

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/bradford/8684868.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Millwall fans. Ahh the usual so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

*Mars Bar searches deep into her soul to find some sympathy for the little sh*t*.

Nope, not finding a shred.

noodler wrote: »
    No.

EDIT: Do you not agree the fans were commiting a crime to begin with? Even before the one closest to the coppers started acting aggressively?

You seem to want to allow Hooligans to occupy private property, act violently in a herd and then act in a threatening manner to the officers assigned to deal with them and have no punishment?

Where's the evidence for this one lad commiting crime to begin with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Fair play to the policeman; did not take out the baton, just jabbed the little thug in the face to send a message to him when he would not back up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Looks to me like the policeman needlessly escalated the situation.

Looks to me like he sorted it out. The Policeman has every right to use violence in that situation. Smack a thick in the mouth once and the rest of his mates get the message. Pretty good trade of in my opinion. It was either the jab or the stick. He got off lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Can't believe some people are actually defending the little runt. Got what he deserved.

Ush1 wrote: »

What on earth?

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt that he did nothing wrong prior to this video, you are not allowed square up to a policeman like that during a crowd control situation (any situation really tbh).

What on earth?

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt that he did nothing wrong prior to this video, you are not allowed square up to a policeman like that during a crowd control situation (any situation really tbh).

You're not allowed square up to a policeman like that, oh the irony. S'pose him hitting someone who hadn't struck him is text book police manual?

You're not allowed square up to a policeman like that, oh the irony. S'pose him hitting someone who hadn't struck him is text book police manual?

There is nothing ironic about it.

A crime was committed, the police go to deal with and face intervention and threatening behaviour. You think he has to wait to be assaulted before he lays down the law?

EDIT: Maybe you are thinking about the Playground rules.

• Advertisement

There is nothing ironic about it.

A crime was committed, the police go to deal with and face intervention and threatening behaviour. You think he has to wait to be assaulted before he lays down the law?

What crime???

The crime of "squaring up to a policeman".

You think the police can just do as they please as its a crowd control situation?

The only thing evident in that video is a coward on power trip. For some reason I reckon if that lad was 6 5" and built like a heavyweight boxer, that particular constable might have been a bit slower with his jab.

What crime???

You think the police can just do as they please as its a crowd control situation?

The only thing evident in that video is a coward on power trip. For some reason I reckon if that lad was 6 5" and built like a heavyweight boxer, that particular constable might have been a bit slower with his jab.

the crime of breaking down a barrier that seperated them from the huddersfield fans and attacking them. they then started to flee when the police came into the stand. then the video begins

perhaps the officer in question saw him attacking someone, then when he wouldnt go back as requested, he used force to do so.

What crime???

Squaring up doesn't quite do it justice, let's be quite clear.

1) Disobeying a police officer

2) Acting in a threatening, aggressive and abusive manner to a policeman.

3) Obstructing the police in carrying out his duties

4) (Possibility) We don't know if the lad in question took place in the criminal activities that took place prior to the incident on the video. You can say benefit of doubt or something to that effect if you like but also bare in mind that the policeman was actually there.

the crime of breaking down a barrier that seperated them from the huddersfield fans and attacking them. they then started to flee when the police came into the stand. then the video begins

perhaps the officer in question saw him attacking someone, then when he wouldnt go back as requested, he used force to do so.

So you're speculating, as there is no evidence from this that he was doing any of what you're saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

He is at least 16 or 17. Possibly even 18. He is a bit short but no way he is 14or 15 so ye can stop trying to make it worse by saying he was that young.

4) (Possibility) We don't know if the lad in question took place in the criminal activities that took place prior to the incident on the video. You can say benefit of doubt or something to that effect if you like but also bare in mind that the policeman was actually there.

So I'll disregard number 4. Number 1 isn't a crime nessacerily. 2 and 3 only became anyway evident when the policeman was aggresively shoving him forwards and antogonizing what situation there was. That is all in evidence from the video.

If a policeman was shoving me like that, I might turn around and ask exactly why he's doing it.

So you're speculating, as there is no evidence from this that he was doing any of what you're saying.

What on earth are you talking about?

The *speculation* (although tbh , I think you are a bit naive if you think he was an innocent in what preceded) was only in addition to what is plain for all to see in the video.

What on earth are you talking about?

The *speculation* (although tbh , I think you are a bit naive if you think he was an innocent in what preceded) was only in addition to what is plain for all to see in the video.

Sorry, what don't you follow exactly?

He said perhaps the policeman seen him do something? You don't call that speculation, what exactly do you call it?

In addition to the video which showed a policeman using undue force?

So I'll disregard number 4. Number 1 isn't a crime nessacerily. 2 and 3 only became anyway evident when the policeman was aggresively shoving him forwards and antogonizing what situation there was. That is all in evidence from the video.

If a policeman was shoving me like that, I might turn around and ask exactly why he's doing it.

and he might tell you its because you broke down a barrier so you could attack the home fans.

and he might tell you its because you broke down a barrier so you could attack the home fans.

Okay, show me the lad doing that on the video?

Are some people on here honestly that naive that they wouldn't think some police are on a power trip and would hit people for no reason?

• Advertisement
Advertisement