Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and Putt in Letterkenny

Options
  • 18-05-2010 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I have a few mates coming up form Dublin in a few week. I want to have a few things planned for them during the weekend instead of just sitting in the pub....we will do that at night and early evening.
    Is the Pitch and Putt at the old Pin Tavern still open?
    Also what all pubs in Letterkenny have a pool table?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

i think it may be closed, we went there a few weeks ago on a good day and the whole place was shut..
    The only places i think have pool tables are, the hideout bar, the mountain top restaurant/bar and tonic(i think).

Why not take them to the karting centre or paint balling or something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

theres an excellant pitch and putt in sion mills 40 mins from lkeny well worth the drive its like a mini golf coarse its 7 eoro and relly nice theres a good pool table in the hideout bar nice place with good grubs and pints!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

theres an excellant pitch and putt in sion mills 40 mins from lkeny
    The course at Rossgier would be a lot closer.

Come to think of it - is it still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Arena 7 has pool tables plus good food and pints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Yeah the pitch and putt is good in Sion Mills. Careful if it's wet though...you WILL fall :p:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

+1 on both Rossgier and Sion Mills. Have played on both many times, and putted a few with a 16 year Shay Given many years ago at his Da's place :)

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go for Sion. It's more challenging and some horrible drives, esp (is it?) the ninth (from the height over the pond) and then the reverse 18th is a killer too. It not so much pitch'n'putt but more of a Par 3 Golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Rossgier has been closed for a couple of years at this stage. There are cows grazing there now. :D

Sion Mills is still going strong and isn't called Hill Valley for nothing. ;) Heart attack hill is what some people refer to the walk to the 13th (I think) green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

there used to be a pitch and putt in burt too, used to be just above the hotel, was very good (bloody tiresome walk though) but again sheep in there now too.

OP, there is a pitch an putt in Rathmullan but its a bit of a fleas arse of a thing, well it was open last year when i was down its just at the pier. I thought the pin tavern opened up a crazy golf type thing on a few of the astro pitchs did they not, i remember seeing a thing about it in the letterkenny post last year too, a comp they held at it. Also there is a driving range just outside letterkenny (near the silver tassie) but i duno if you can hire clubs?

Advertisement