Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bin company issues

Options
  • 18-05-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭

I moved house on the 1/2/10, I was with one bin company and I rang them to say I was cancelling my service, they guy on the phone said there was money owed for January and that someone would be in contact for that, fine I said. He also said to send him a letter cancelling the service I did that also.

Today I recieved a call looking for money up to March 3rd and I refused to pay it, I said as above had gone through the necessary cancellation procedures.

In my view it was their issue as to when the bins would be taken back, from when I cancel it's not my problem if they leave them and someone else used them.

They want proof that I've moved now from 1/2/10 like a lease agreement, esb change etc. Should I provide this to them?

I offered to pay for January today but she said no, and they cannot cancel service until last payment is recieved, this was not said to me when I rang them in February. She said bin was collected since and I said that's not my responsibility.

anyhow sorry for long winded but am I right to just pay for January? should I send them copies of lease date/change of ESB etc?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 dolalu

Had a similar problem last year, however unknown to me they still took DD out for 6 months or so after we moved...sent them confirmation of change of address from ESB and they refunded all my charges form the date i moved...send them some info and youll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

patrickc wrote: »
    They want proof that I've moved now from 1/2/10 like a lease agreement, esb change etc. Should I provide this to them?

Do not send them anything. If they find out your new address, they may never stop hounding you for payment. Send them a cheque for the amount owed in January. Cover it with a letter stating everything you've done so far, as in the cancellation call and letter you sent, they didn't contact you for payment as they said they would, and so on. Tell them that any further payments, or collections from that address are the responsibility of the new occupant and they should take it up with them.

Have no further contact with them beyond that, and do not give them your new address. It's got nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

jor el wrote: »
    Do not send them anything. If they find out your new address, they may never stop hounding you for payment. Send them a cheque for the amount owed in January. Cover it with a letter stating everything you've done so far, as in the cancellation call and letter you sent, they didn't contact you for payment as they said they would, and so on. Tell them that any further payments, or collections from that address are the responsibility of the new occupant and they should take it up with them.

Have no further contact with them beyond that, and do not give them your new address. It's got nothing to do with them.

thats what I was thinking re address also,but I cannot remember if I stupidly gave it to them on the cancellation letter i sent them, and I cannot find a copy of it.

exactly it's not my responsibility after 1/2/10, if they pursue this further, what can happen? I will send a postal order/draft in the next few days for January as you said with the info

edit I also mean't to say I got numerous letters looking for money from them from the old address, as I still get post from there and each time I rang them and said it was cancelled. on one occasion a lady said that's definitely cancelled. forgot about this until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

just got post from last address there, threatning with me legal action if I don't pay in full

baxtards

Advertisement