Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting a Ausi WHV short.

Options
  • 18-05-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a friend that has had a small accident in Australia and is on a one year WHV visa. The accident means that she cant work for around 8 weeks and has not got the money to support herself for this time. She is only a few weeks into her trip.

Is it possible to cut a WHV short and come home and get it again due to accident etc?.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

She can come back, but the visa still only lasts for the one year and I don't think she'll be able to get around that. There's always the option of a bit of regional work to get the 2nd year.

Hope she's alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

I'd be 99% sure that you can't feeze the time on your visa. I had to return home during my visa for about 6-8 weeks. I checked with USIT in Oz prior to leaving and was told its fine to come in & out of the country but the visa is still only vaild for 1 year from the first date of entry.

Best bet would be to double check with them or whoever you got your visa with for options if any!

Good Luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

She can come and go. But she still has to leave 12 months after she first entered, or get another visa

Advertisement