Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin maps problem....

Options
  • 18-05-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. Recently got a Garmin gps. We updated the maps last night. However even after the updates there are still numerous places that are not mapped, my mature housing estate in dublin and the industrial estate where my girlfriend works and another mature housing estate just in a town outside Dublin.

Is this normal? are the Tom Tom maps the same?

Any help would be appreciated..thanks..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hi,

I don't have a tomtom but I have the same problem with my garmin - to the extent that I don't bother using it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭echoindi

I have the same problem, I sent e mail to garmin, but they are useless, they know this is happening but will do nothing about it, I told them there was a dual carrigway open a year before I bought my map update from them and they said there was nothing they could do, <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

echoindi wrote: »
    I have the same problem, I sent e mail to garmin, but they are useless, they know this is happening but will do nothing about it, I told them there was a dual carrigway open a year before I bought my map update from them and they said there was nothing they could do
    No you shouldn't. Garmin's maps are not produced by Garmin themselves, but are provided by a company called Navteq who have a facility on their website to report errors and omissions.

http://mapreporter.navteq.com/

Plus as has been pointed out on many other threads on here, it can take quite a time for updates to make their way on to production maps, sometimes as much as a year. Teleatlas who provide the maps for TomTom aren't any better, and in many cases are much worse by the way.

Advertisement