Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sync issue with iTunes

• 18-05-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

I'm syncing my phone to iTunes for the first time in a long time, it's jailbroken and some of the apps are put on via *SNIP* & cydia, can I sync the music only? If I uncheck the sync apps box in says it is going to remove every app from the phone, if I leave the sync apps box checked there are 21 apps that itunes is suggesting it will remove as they aren't aren't in iTunes but the are on the phone.

Any suggestions appreciated,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Theres a setting *SNIP* called, "Itunes Sync". Its swithed on, on my phone and my apps don't get deleted....maybe that'll sort it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

That was already turned on, but thanks for the suggestion.

Looks like I have sorted it, if you right click on your iPhone in iTunes and transfer purchases, it manually reconciles the list of apps in iTunes with those on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Apologies, didn't realise they weren't allowed be mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

No problem LOC. My intention wasn't to promote piracy. *SNIP* is not necessarily only for pirated software, although i agree most of it is....
    It also allows access to free software georestricted on the Irish appstore, like kindle app etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

It's core aim is piracy.

If you want US-only apps, get a US iTunes account. There are plenty of tips here on how to do so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement