Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

entry issue into the irish army...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sharpshooter murphy

Anto 86, i reckon if and i bet from reading its a mighty big if you pass your basic training you will be plunged into a foreign land, you very well may encounter contacts on a very very regular basis, that all depends on what sandy sunny part of the desert you end up in, just remember though, as soon as that first bullet whizzes past your head and slams into the wall behind you, your not invincible, none of us are!! Your attitude on war stinks, its the wrong attitude to have and it will get you hurt, if your going to join any platoon join sniper platoon, you will be a long way from your target and your movement will be very restricted and mostly done in the dead of night or during a sand storm. I wish you good luck you will need it and remember team work is everything in a hostile enviroment. And some days you will wish you were in the irish army, you,ll get what you wish for.

As for the irish army i have great respect for them there peace keeping duties are renowned the world over, its easy for any man to walk into a hostile zone and try to kill the enemy but the real work begins when the peace keepers come in and try to keep the peace thats where the hard work and determination is. They are the ones who have to remove land mines deal with children who have found a mine the hard way and had a limb removed.

I wish you the best of luck with your endevours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

this thread has been blown away from such a simple question to all this all i wanted to know was why they didnt accept people with convictions where as years ago it was punishment to be sent to do time in the army for actin the clown
    (correct me if my wrong)
    but iv heard that from a few people but it would be going back bout 30 40 years or so

iv asked for it to be locked so hopefully it is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement