Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too young for this

Options
  • 18-05-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 23, just been told my only option for having a child is to freeze my eggs now. Dr explained that as they would be unfertilized at time of freezing, the chances of them being viable eggs in 10 years in greatly reduced.

I'm anti using anon donor sperm, but a close friend has offered to be the donor. Is this a bad idea?

I'm not really sure what I should do, I can't face 10 years of wondering will I get pregnant, stats say it's <5% chance unfertilised, and <25% fertilised.

Advice would be brilliant!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ok you need to get what ever dr or consultant you have been dealing with to refer you to a counsellor who works with fertility issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Ok you need to get what ever dr or consultant you have been dealing with to refer you to a counsellor who works with fertility issues.

+1
    Very hard at your age to consider this, plus your friend also needs to consider where his life will be in ten years, his emotional and monetary responsibilities, also how will a future husband, life partner feel about your friend if he wishes to be part of the childs life in ten years time. So many things to consider I think only a councellor can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP here, I know you're right. I have appt made, its the waiting around and constant thinking driving me insane so was looking for opinions.

Advertisement