Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cudicini gets new deal

Options
  • 18-05-2010 3:32pm

New deal for Carlo
    18 May 2010

We are delighted to announce that Carlo Cudicini has signed a new contract to extend his stay at the Club until 2011.

Carlo joined us from Chelsea in January 2009 and made four first team appearances in the second half of season 2008-09. The Italy goalkeeper made a further seven appearances last season before his campaign was curtailed after being injured in a road accident.

The 36-year-old is now back out on the training pitch and will be working throughout the summer with Goalkeeping Coach Tony Parks to improve his fitness ahead of the new campaign.

Head of Medical Services Wayne Diesel said: "We are delighted at how well Carlo has progressed. He has shown a great deal of self discipline and motivation to come back from this."

Comments

Doesn't look like we'll be signing James then? The cynic in me says they couldn't be seen to offload Cudicini after such an accident and that's why he got a new deal. Then again I could be talking bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

3rd keeper id say with another to come in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I think he is adequate back up to Gomes, I don't believe we need James.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Fairly surprised by this move, I wouldn't be too confident if Gomes was out for 10-15 games, but then its tough to get a high quality 'keeper to come in as a 2nd choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I hope he bought a car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I have a feeling that if the right player became available, we would sign another keeper to compete with Carlo as back up. I dont think Walker or Alnwick are reliable enough.

Haven't seen enough of Button to say if he is good enough as back up.

Advertisement