Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Thailand

Options
  • 18-05-2010 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice. Have booked a holiday to thailand for the 1st of july. now that they are advising against travel to the country, I'm not keen on going and have just spoken to trailfinders about changing the booking to somewhere else as we have paid in full for the holiday months ago, €4,500... today they told me that we will have to wait longer to see what the situation becomes and that they couldnt guarantee that we would get our money back or that they would be prepared to change over the funds to another destination...

any ideas on what my rights would be in that situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The Dept. of Foreign Affairs advice is here. They say, currently, "Avoid non-essential travel." I understand travel companies will refund based on certain government travel advisories, however, I don't know if "Avoid non-essential travel" is part of that or if it needs to be "Do not travel." But with your plans still a month and a half away, they will probably say it is too early anyway, as maybe, just maybe, things might calm down in that time.

Advertisement