Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the playpen: Arcade Panda!

• 18-05-2010 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Avast! Since that bilge rat what be known as Davidius ‘round these here waters has since been thrown overboard, we welcome to the decks a tonsil-free wench of peculiar sorts! Brought into the world twenty a year ago by a coupl’a landlubbers, this lassie’s sail be raised by a number things; she finds bands what are bear-related, drivin’, shmokin’ and sailin’ round the boards to her likin’. When she’s not swingin’ the lead or taking a caulk, she be paintin’ the cap’n’s portrait and completin’ general art-related tasks, such as anticipatin’ the time for art schoolin’ to be near and castin’ her deadlights on the works o’ Studio Ghibli.

She puts the ‘Nenagh’ in na na na na na, beauties an’ shellbacks alike, clap yer onion peelers together for C&H’s resident cat lady, the one, the only..

Arcade Panda!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ooh I'm first in!

Are you nervous about having to follow Davidius' awesome playpen thread? :P

What first brought you to boards and what first brought you C&H?

Favourite Arcade Fire song?

If you had a pet panda, what would you name it? Would it be a boy panda or a girl panda?

Why are you no longer at the dinner for local lesbians? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

My generic questions:

- Your favourite meaning of \o/?
    - Do you like to dance? If not, whyever not? :eek:
    - What irritates you most about society, and what do you like most about it?

Others:

- Have you a huge fondness for ice-cream now that your tonsils are gone? :D
    - What piece of your own artwork are you proudest of?
    - Are you a fan of any artists, and if so, who would be your favourite(s)?
    - Favourite way to spend a weekend?
    - Simple things that make you happy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Can I buy you a drink in Maximus sometime!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

:) me or deise?
    John or edward?
    What would you order in a chinese?
    Fave type of cheese?!!
    GAA, yay or nay? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Tackies, runners or trainers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Do you like to paint?

If so, which do you prefer, acrylic or oil paints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Favourite Panda Bear song?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Ok, so I just made some delicious spaghetti bolognese. The bolognese part is pretty much betond perfection, it has to be said. And let's be fair, that's the hardest part of the whole dish. So, my question is this, why the hell did the spaghetti turn out like crap?!

Also, are you from Nenagh? o_O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

If you could change one thing what would it be?

Favourite thing?

Favourite forum on Boards?

Favourite website?

Favourite species of animal?

Favourite animal of said species?

should I stay or should I go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Do you like clowns?

If you could invite 3 people to a dinner party who would they be? Living status doesn't matter.

Do you/did you ever have a pen-pal?

Would you ever consider going vegetarian?

Also, should I paint my nails a coraly-red or dark purple? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Favourite:
    - Vocalist?
    - Pearl Jam song?
    - Painting?
    - Book?
    - Username?
    - Accent?

Don't you think cereals are rubbish?

What was the long song you heard that made you go "oh my golly, that's amazing!"?

What's been your weirdest dream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

New London Routemasters: Like or hate?

Strangest place you've ever slept?

Furthest you've ever travelled?

Greatest achievement?

How're you getting on?

Tea: no or yes, if yes, how?

Scariest thing you've ever done?

Any fears?

Most embarrassing childhood phase you went though? :P

Have you ever been camping?

Least forgettable experience you've ever had?

Favourite city ever?

What're your opinions on the US and it's foreign policy?

Do you believe in karma? A higher power? Fate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Ooh I'm first in!

Are you nervous about having to follow Davidius' awesome playpen thread?
    I actually was nervous when I saw how funny his thread was...I'm not that funny so don't be expecting much
    !
    What first brought you to boards and what first brought you C&H?
    Well I first came across it while I was looking for this song
    It was on an RTÉ ad and it was really hard to find because she's singing backwards...I typed something into google and bang there was boards. I didn't join until last september though when the guy* who was leading me around college on my orientation day mentioned it briefly...how did I find C&H? Pure chance. I think I clicked into it by accident, liked what I read and the rest as they say is history.
    Sceptre by the way, a mod and admin if you don't mind!
    Favourite Arcade Fire song?
    There have been many, Neighborhood #3(power out), wake up and in the backseat have all been favourites respectfully but for the longest time my favourite Arcade Fire song has been Black Wave/Bad Vibrations

If you had a pet panda, what would you name it? Would it be a boy panda or a girl panda?
    If I had a pet panda it would be a boy and I would name it Henry, I'd also buy him a monocle for the craic. He'd be terribly agreeable.:p
    Why are you no longer at the dinner for local lesbians?
    They kicked me out on the basis that I wasn't a lesbian. I'm in talks with my lawyers. I love living where the wild things are though:)!
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    My generic questions:

- Your favourite meaning of \o/?vagina, yup!
    - Do you like to dance? If not, whyever not? I love dancing. I even dance along with Ellen when she get's her groove on on tv3 (I do realise how tragic that is but I've come to terms with my sadness at this stage) It's scary when I think about how much I dance actually...nothing makes me quite as happy though as dancing!
    - What irritates you most about society, and what do you like most about it? Indifference and ignorence. They are the two things that really irritate me about our society. People like Adi Roche are what I love about society. People who give their lives to helping others.

Others:

- Have you a huge fondness for ice-cream now that your tonsils are gone? You know what? Not really! I'm actually less fond of it now then before I got my toncils out. God works in cruel ways I suppose:(
    - What piece of your own artwork are you proudest of? There's one piece in my portfolio that I did by sticking on eggshells to a piece of paper and then painting over them to get the same effect as the bottom of my pheasant's claw. It took me like three days solid graft but when people see it their always really impressed. Which makes me happy. So it's my favourite.:o
    - Are you a fan of any artists, and if so, who would be your favourite(s)? I love Daniel Danger, Jack B. Yeats and Harry Clarke among many many others...their probably my favourites though.
    - Favourite way to spend a weekend?With my friends, drinkin', shmokin' and fightin'
    - Simple things that make you happy?
    You know those bits in movies where somebody just roams around....ok that's the worst description ever. Ok an example: In Amélie when she goes into the Grocers apartment and ****s up all his belongings, or in Breakfast at Tiffany's when they go into the five and dime and attempt to steal stuff and even in the James Bond movies when Sean Connery roams around the room looking for things that show that people are spying on him. I LOVE those bits in movies. I could watch them over and over again. I also like the smell of petrol and when I'm the reciever of a random act of kindness. So many other little things but I won't bore you

Thank you degausserxo for the intro...twas great! *hug*

Gay Wall would be proud!

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Can I buy you a drink in Maximus sometime!?
    Of coarse! Sambuca and coke please:) I won't attack you with Shrek quotes next time, I promise!

tumblr_kuopplUunu1qa2txho1_500_large.jpg?1260965827

:) me or deise? As if I'm going to choose!:) You can't have one without the other...it's like crackers without cheese or potatoes without butter!
    John or edward? Edward...I prefer his name!
    What would you order in a chinese?Chicken Chow Mein
    Fave type of cheese?!! Chedder, to the distress of my father, he's a bit of a cheese connoisseur and is always trying to get me to try new ones.
    GAA, yay or nay? :DYay...you like it, **** the haters. I myself have never played but that's because I'm crap, I havn't really got a problem with people playing it!

tumblr_l1sx7zaXkC1qa2w57o1_400_large.jpg?1272913018

Tackies, runners or trainers?
    Runners! I'd love to know where the word tackies came from though as it seems to be only a Limerick thing?!
    Do you like to paint? Yes, indeed I do!

If so, which do you prefer, acrylic or oil paints? I prefer acrylic for now, I've heard this changes though the more you use oil, easier to get subtle colours from it apparently!
    flyswatter wrote: »
    Favourite Panda Bear song? Comfy in Naurica, I just <3 it!!
    Jay P wrote: »
    Ok, so I just made some delicious spaghetti bolognese. The bolognese part is pretty much betond perfection, it has to be said. And let's be fair, that's the hardest part of the whole dish. So, my question is this, why the hell did the spaghetti turn out like crap?!
    You spent so long making the bolognese that the spaghetti got jealous and ended up so furious that it was like "**** you Jay P, I'm going to turn out rotten just to spite you:mad:"

Also, are you from Nenagh? o_O Why yes I am! You obviously know people from here? who?!:)

MV5BMTIxODU4NzA5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODQzMjQ3._V1._SX500_SY241__thumb.jpg?1264345453

If you could change one thing what would it be? One thing? I'd make sure everyone had enough to eat for the rest of time.

Favourite thing? My i-Pod

Favourite forum on Boards? C&H, I like Arts & Crafts and Anime & Manga aswell. C&H though.

Favourite website? Lastfm. It's found me an awful lot of bands!:)

Favourite species of animal? I love horses!

Favourite animal of said species? Carmargue's and Arabs.

should I stay or should I go? You should stay!:)
    Do you like clowns?I hate clowns...seriously. I watched It....it-clown.jpg

If you could invite 3 people to a dinner party who would they be? Living status doesn't matter.
    Hayao Miyazaki, Audrey Tautou and Philippe Petit

Do you/did you ever have a pen-pal? Yes! I used to get Pony magazine when I was a kid and there was this section at the back where they used to advertise pen-pals. I liked one girl so I wrote to her. We kept in contact for two years, we even used to get each other birthday and chrismas presents! It fizzled out though...I don't even remember her name:(

Would you ever consider going vegetarian? Nope. This grizzly meat-eater won't change her ways.

Also, should I paint my nails a coraly-red or dark purple? Coraly-red...it's coming into summer after all!:)
    Monzo wrote: »
    Favourite:
    - Vocalist?Régine Chassagne
    - Pearl Jam song?Even Flow
    - Painting?I can't get a picture of it on the internet but The Talkers by Jack B. Yeats
    - Book?To Kill a Mockingbird
    - Username?Dingosatemybaby:D
    - Accent?Northern Ireland/ Australian/Italian

Don't you think cereals are rubbish?Weetabix isn't so bad! Hate Rice Crispies though....ugh.

What was the long song you heard that made you go "oh my golly, that's amazing!"? Ballerina- Van Morrison. That song is just made of all things beautiful. I love Van Morrison. Really he's climbing the ladder to one of my all time favourite artists!

What's been your weirdest dream? I had a pretty horrific dream about my gran about a month after she died. Only time in my life that I've woke up crying. I won't regale you with it. It was horrible:(

funny-animal33_large.jpg?1258266050

Why yes I am! You obviously know people from here? who?!:)

Hey! Watch it, I'm asking the questions here!

(I'll just answer this in another thread, but I won't tell you where...)

Do you think someone can learn to draw?
    Favourite pair of shoes?
    What do you want to study in art college? Like, what area of art?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Hello Arcade Panda, I don't believe we've spoken much, but I'm going to quiz you anyway.

Do you like tea? If not, are you a crazy person?

Do you prefer the dance to la macarena or Saturday night?

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you choose?

Do you like to travel?

What's your favourite tv show?

Decade of the 20th century you'd most like to visit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

God, Arcade panda's are now my favourite breed of pandas :D

Opinion on fair city? Do you really think the world will end in 2012?
    And why did I think you were from limerick? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

What's your favourite Studio Ghibli film?

Were you disappointed by any of the Studio Ghibli films?

Do you watch or have you watched any other anime?

When did you first discover your artistic talent? You know, that moment when you were like "Hang on, I'm actually pretty damn good at this!"?

What have you been doing with yourself since you dropped out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Where are you going to go be artsy come September? LIT? NCAD? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

What would you be doing in college/general if you hadn't discovered your artistic talent?
    What's the best type of animal after bears?
    Dresses or jeans?
    Charizard or Arcanine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

YOU ARE AWESOME. I AM JUST SAYING. :)

I'll come back later with some goooood questions for you, kay? :)

For now, the basics:
    What's the best piece of advice you were ever given?

Best compliment you've ever received?

5 things you like about yourself?

Languages you'd love to learn to speak?

Any fears/phobias?

Any interest in politics?

Are you ticklish?

What do you do when you need cheering up?

Pet peeves?

Guilty pleasures?

Bottled water,yay or nay?

Proudest achievements?

Best "mistake" you've ever made?

What inspires you?

How would your friends describe you?

Do you dream in colour?

jumpguy wrote: »
    New London Routemasters: Like or hate?
    I had to look that up actually....hadn't a clue what you were talking about! I'm going to have to improve on the 'ould current affairs! But now that I have looked it up it seems a bit silly. Surely that money could have gone to something more worthwhile in the current climate?

Strangest place you've ever slept? Bathroom floor after a night out:o

Furthest you've ever travelled?Malta!

Greatest achievement?Dropping out of college. I didn't think my parents would be ok with it(in hindsight I completely underestimated them) and plucking up the courage to leave all my friends behind. It's something I'm pretty proud of.

How're you getting on? I'm good thanks for asking! Hungry but good.:)

Tea: no or yes, if yes, how? No....and it's something I'd like to like but I just don't.

Scariest thing you've ever done? First time I jumped a barrel(on a pony) when I was a kid. I was ****ting it but I wouldn't let anyone know I was scared because I wanted to seem cool and stuff:rolleyes: I'm sure they saw right through me. I was shaking like a leaf.

Any fears? Scary clowns who try and tempt people down gutters with balloons, scream masks.

Most embarrassing childhood phase you went though? :P I used to pretend to be a dinosaur. I got drunk one night and told my friends this. They are still waiting for me to do it for them but they'll have to get me in a fairly bad way before I do my Velociraptor impression:oI used to pretend to be an Olympic Gymnast aswell and walk around the house in a leotard with plastic gold medals around my neck....I wish I was joking.

Have you ever been camping?Oxegen for two years...last year was pretty miserable. I was sitting in a friends tent when I saw our own one blow away:rolleyes:

Least forgettable experience you've ever had?One night two summers ago me and a bunch of friends drove up a mountain. That's the bones of the story but it was the most unforgettable night of my life.

Favourite city ever?Valletta in Malta. When I'm rich and famous I'm going to buy an apartment there. It's beautiful.

What're your opinions on the US and it's foreign policy?Um....? I really havn't got any. I used to but those opinions are totally out of date. I should really start reading the paper more often....
    Do you believe in karma? A higher power? Fate?

I do. I definitely believe in God. Whether that God is Christian, Islamic, Hindu etc. is another story. Sometimes I believe in fate, sometimes I don't but I believe in Karma. What goes around comes around.

tumblr_kzv4nyRbtd1qzhl9eo1_500_large.jpg?1273355696

What's your opinion on maths?

Tea or coffee?

What browser do you use?

Favourite artist? Err... you know, visual artist; not musician :D

Favourite err... other kind of artist? :P

Do you think someone can learn to draw?Definitely. It's not that hard and there are all sorts of tricks you can do to draw properly.
    Favourite pair of shoes?My converce. They need a wash though.
    What do you want to study in art college? Like, what area of art?I'm not sure yet! I'm hoping that I'll take to graphics because that's the area it's easiest to get a job in. I don't really know though. I have a year to make up my mind.:)
    MavisDavis wrote: »
    Hello Arcade Panda, I don't believe we've spoken much, but I'm going to quiz you anyway. I don't think anyone here has really spoken to me much apart from a very small number so ask away!:p

Do you like tea? If not, are you a crazy person?I don't like tea at all. And yes sometimes I think I may be losing my mind:D

Do you prefer the dance to la macarena or Saturday night? I don't really mind what I dance to...I have danced to la macarena on a Saturday night though. I think the best way to approach it is when your horribly HORRIBLY drunk:cool:

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you choose? Wyoming in America. I've always wanted to go there.

Do you like to travel? I love traveling! I'm a real tourist when I travel aswell....I love going to mueseums and stuff:o

What's your favourite tv show? Sopranos, Only Fools and Horses, The Good Wife and Glee

Decade of the 20th century you'd most like to visit?The 70's:cool:
    God, Arcade panda's are now my favourite breed of pandas! Aw shuks, thanks!

Opinion on fair city? Do you really think the world will end in 2012?
    And why did I think you were from limerick? :confused:
    Probably because I always defend it.
    Hotaru wrote: »
    What's your favourite Studio Ghibli film?Whisper of the Heart fo'sho'!

Were you disappointed by any of the Studio Ghibli films? Not one. Seriously. Then again I havn't watched any of the films that had nothing to do with Hayao Miyazaki...I heard that 'Tales from Earthsea' is crap!

Do you watch or have you watched any other anime?Pokémon and Sailor Moon. I watched 'The girl who lept through time' aswell, that's actually a great movie!

When did you first discover your artistic talent? You know, that moment when you were like "Hang on, I'm actually pretty damn good at this!"?My mam said I was always really neurotic about drawing and stuff when I was a small child, I used to throw a tantrum if my pencil went outside the line. I used to win a lot of competitions aswell. Other kids in my class would always say it to me but it only became really apparent when I went into secondary school.

What have you been doing with yourself since you dropped out?I visited a lot of my friends in college:pI worked in a deli up until a month before my interview but I had to give it up because it was taking up way too much time. And then it was just portfolio portfolio portfolio. 24/7 trying to get it done on time before my interview. I still wasn't finished when it came to it but I'd say they could see how much effort I put in.
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Where are you going to go be artsy come September? LIT? NCAD? :)LIT! I only applied for one college. By the time I dropped out of college I knew I wouldn't have enough time to complete the brief for NCAD so I just applied for Limerick. The brief for NCAD was due in February and there wasn't a hope in hell I'd get it done. (It's announced in May the Summer before hand)

tumblr_l0w3vflTM51qa30yoo1_500_large.png?1271287740

tumblr_kzv4nyRbtd1qzhl9eo1_500_large.jpg?1273355696

I find this picture oddly disquieting.
    Why are there feathers in this owl's eyes?

• Advertisement

What would you be doing in college/general if you hadn't discovered your artistic talent?History and Politics. Random I know:o
    What's the best type of animal after bears?Horses.....and cats.
    Dresses or jeans?Dresses! I feel sorry for fella's because they can't wear dresses...they are literally the most comfortable piece of clothing:)
    Charizard or Arcanine?Arcanine. He's bad-ass.
    YOU ARE AWESOME. I AM JUST SAYING. :)*hug* I wuv you too!:D

I'll come back later with some goooood questions for you, kay? :)

For now, the basics:
    What's the best piece of advice you were ever given?It's never too late.

Best compliment you've ever received?I went to France in fourth year and the mother of my exchange student said I had a wonderful smile before I got on the bus to go home.

5 things you like about yourself?My hair(which is kind of funny because I would not have said that ten years ago!), my personality, the fact that I'm good enough at art to get into art college, I find it incredibly easy to get on with people and um.....I think I'm a little courageous.

Languages you'd love to learn to speak?Italian. I'm really jealous of my oldest sister, she picks up languages at the drop of a hat. She's fluent in French and Spanish, totally fluent. She even has a French boyfriend! I'm crap at languages but I'd love to learn the romantic ones. I'd also love to learn a little Japanese. Their way of writing is incredibly interesting and steeped in history.

Any fears/phobias? Fear of scary clowns?!

Any interest in politics? Yup...to an extent.

Are you ticklish? Don't tickle me or I will hurt you:D

What do you do when you need cheering up? Listen to Music. Jónsi.

Pet peeves?Ignorent people.

Guilty pleasures? A pleasure's a pleasure. I try not to think of guilt when I'm enjoying myself no matter how embarressing it is:p

Bottled water,yay or nay?Yay....our tap water is mank!

Proudest achievements?Getting into art college!

Best "mistake" you've ever made?I genuinely don't know!

What inspires you? People in general. I love people.

How would your friends describe you?Dozy, Forgetful, Useless at texting back, loyal, understanding, fun(hopefully:p)

Do you dream in colour?ya...I do!
    What's your opinion on maths?I wasn't too bad at maths in school. I did honours for my leaving. I loved Trig and the circle. I found it really easy. That was my favourite part of paper 2, they were the only questions I could always get to the (c) part with. I hated probability. I just never got it. The rest was ok. Straight algebra was fairly easy. Differentiation and Integration was a bitch.

Tea or coffee? Neither. Orange juice please.

What browser do you use?Mozilla

Favourite artist? Err... you know, visual artist; not musician :DDaniel Danger, Jack B. Yeats, Harry Clarke.

Favourite err... other kind of artist? :P Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Frightened Rabbit and m83:cool:

tumblr_kt1uy55hnV1qzty9ao1_500_large.png?1260331986

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement