Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the playpen: Arcade Panda!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Why did Glasnost fail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I find this picture oddly disquieting.
    Why are there feathers in this owl's eyes?
    Feathers=Hairs on mammels, think eyelashes.It's really rare to catch an owl blinking[they do it very little] It's a pretty lucky picture IMO.

Dear Panda; Do you like Pokémon?

Favourite Pokémon?

so I herd you liek mudkipz?

Do you think Atavan-halen should be asking these questions?

so,'Ow you doin'?

What would you say is your weirdest feature/quality/habit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Heaviest band you listen to?

Furthest you've been away from home?

Smoker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Ducks; yay, nay or maybay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Favourite insignificant thing about the world?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I find this picture oddly disquieting.
    Why are there feathers in this owl's eyes?I think it's purty:)
    Why did Glasnost fail? He didn't give the media jellytots....rooky mistake.

Dear Panda; Do you like Pokémon?Yes I do! In fact when I was younger I used to wish that I'd wake up one morning in the pokémon cartoon.

Favourite Pokémon? Rapidash and Ampharos

so I herd you liek mudkipz?mudkipz.png

Do you think Atavan-halen should be asking these questions?Well he hasn't asked me any so far ....*sniff*

What would you say is your weirdest feature/quality/habit? I have this weird habit of pulling out my eyebrow hairs...I'll be sitting down and doing it subconsciously without even noticing. I don't know why I do it. It's pretty weird I suppose.
    Fad wrote: »
    Heaviest band you listen to? I don't really listen to anything heavy. My best friend love's Metallica though, as in she has every CD, been to them in concert etc. so I'd know some of their songs from her. I like Enter Sandman.

Furthest you've been away from home? Malta

Smoker? Yup, Marlboro. I love it. I'm going to give it up though. I keep saying that...but I will.
    Jako8 wrote: »
    Ducks; yay, nay or maybay?Yay...I love ducks....how could you not like them?

024_large.jpg?1270844997

Favourite insignificant thing about the world?:D I love when your smoking on your own at night and eveything around you is so quiet and peaceful that all you can hear is the paper burning and cracking. Serious <3.

20090121002805.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

That's probably the most quiet, serene situation anyone will ever be in. <3z it also .

ehm... hello =]
    whats your idea of a perfect day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Can you hurry love?

Orange juice or apple juice?

Spuds or potatoes?

Flem or phlegm?

Fire or flame?

Indigo or violet?

UV or IR?

Explosions or implosions?

Sorry, that was rather pointless.

When did you start smoking?

Favourite cereal?

What was your childhood dream for the future?

Strangest country you've travelled to?

Most controversial opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Going out or staying in?

Favourite offline form of procrastination?

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    That's probably the most quiet, serene situation anyone will ever be in. <3z it also .

ehm... hello =] Hi there!:)
    whats your idea of a perfect day? Most of my 'best days' seem to happen when my parents are out of the country. My parents arn't monsters.....that's just the way it is! All my friends would have to be there. Probably be some kind of summer drinking session in my house. Lots of cider and sun. BBQ. Probably a road trip down to the lake. Guitars and singsongs. Talking into the night. Then a drive up to the graves of the leinster men to watch the sun come up and breakfast in Larkin's.
    jumpguy wrote: »
    Can you hurry love? You just have to wait....Love don't come easy, it's a game of give and take:p

Orange juice or apple juice? Orange juice..I love the shtuff.

Spuds or potatoes?Potatoes.

Flem or phlegm? flem...no phlegm....no flem.....*head explodes*

Fire or flame? Fire.

Indigo or violet? Indigo.

UV or IR? UV....associated with summer! It's always on sunglasses!:cool:

Explosions or implosions?Explosions!

When did you start smoking? When I was 16, I'm pretty sure I started to fit in or something....doesn't take long to start really enjoying it though.

Favourite cereal?Weetabix

What was your childhood dream for the future?We'd all turn into Dinosaurs and live happily ever after.

Strangest country you've travelled to? I've been to Portugal, Spain and Malta...I don't think any of them are really that strange!

Most controversial opinion? I don't have a problem with fox-hunting! *shields herself from the stones*
    Going out or staying in? Going out!

Favourite offline form of procrastination? Reading...I go through a scary amount of books when I'm supposed to be studying. I thank god every day that I didn't discover C&H until after my leaving...that would have been a disaster!!

tumblr_kwja78JHrI1qa7jp9o1_400_large.jpg?1264206410

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Drunk posting, yay or nay? *

*This post may have been written whilst under the influence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Favourite things to draw/paint?

What's your source of inspiration?

Favourite M83 album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Most beautiful song ever?

Most beautiful thing ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well I first came across it while I was looking for this song

It was on an RTÉ ad and it was really hard to find because she's singing backwards...I typed something into google and bang there was boards.

WOO! I love that song too! :D You've just earned 5 extra cool points. Use them wisely.

If boards disappeared in the morning, how would you react?

phlegms wrote: »
    Drunk posting, yay or nay? *

*This post may have been written whilst under the influence..
    It should be done more often in my humble opinion
    Craguls wrote: »
    Favourite things to draw/paint? I don't really have a favourite thing to draw. When I was younger I was obsessed with drawing faces, kinda bored with that now. My art teacher in LIT told us to draw things that we are afraid of drawing. Things that are really difficult, like flowing water. It's really hard. But when your doing something difficult like that you come across all these new techniques, so even if you never master drawing flowing water you'll be able to apply what you learnt to something else.You develop a style that way. Like this guy... 1238281270913203.jpg

I just think he has the coolest technique!:D

What's your source of inspiration? Other artists. Music. I carry a sketchbook with me almost everywhere now, I don't whip it out every time I see something interesting(unless it really catches my eye) because I'd be too embarrassed and I don't want to look like a pretentious gob****e. But I do write ideas into it and work at them in private. I really really need a camera! Any donations would be very welcome indeed!!

Favourite M83 album? It's a tie between 'Before the Dawn Heals Us' and 'Saturdays=Youth'. I love Dead Cities though, it's a real 'ok I want to go to sleep now' album...they're just such an amazing band! I hate this whole 'Panda isn't aloud to ask questions back'...I love having conversations about music:p!

20090429223736.jpg

Jako8 wrote: »
    Most beautiful song ever?
    I couldn't just give you one....here's a tiny list of the most beautiful songs(that I cant think of):

Martha - Tom Waits

The Mission - Ennio Moricone

Two - The Antlers

Clair de Lune - Debussy

Most beautiful thing ever? To know that you are loved.
    WOO! I love that song too! :D You've just earned 5 extra cool points. Use them wisely.

If boards disappeared in the morning, how would you react? In a strange way I'd feel like I'd lost a friend. That might be sad or whatever but honestly it's the truth. I think C&H is a real little community, it has a bit of soul.

20090829000728.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

where did you get the idea for a picture per post ?

where do you get all the pwetty pictures?

where did you get the idea for a picture per post ? A man in a rabbit costume called Frank woke me up in the middle of the night and told me to do it.

where do you get all the pwetty pictures?Here

tumblr_l0tn35ntLa1qbqfb5o1_500_large.jpg?1271172697

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Favourite album from The Beatles?

Do you like Bob Dylan?
    Do you like Tom Waits?

• Advertisement

Jay P wrote: »
    Favourite album from The Beatles? I don't have any beatle's albums and I wouldn't even know the names of many either.:o The only one I would ever have listened to would be 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'..but come on, I mean who hasn't listend to that one. My dad has their greatest hits on four tapes and we used to listen to them when we were younger. I really like the beatles...but I don't love the beatles.

Do you like Bob Dylan? I love Bob Dylan. I basically grew up listening to him. He's part of the holy trinity in my house: Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen and Van Morrison. My dad loves those guys so we were all indoctrinated to like them too. I'm pretty sure my dad would disown me if I used his name in vain.
    Do you like Tom Waits? I dicovered Tom Waits when I went up to UCD for the open day. I was in HMV aimlessly lurking around looking for a good CD and I'd heard of Tom Waits before so I decided to buy Closing Time. I've been in love with the guy ever since. I only have the Asylum records so far but I'm going to buy a new one soon.

tumblr_l0bjmnu8Jc1qbuij5o1_500_large.jpg?1270329829

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Boards.ie - Great website, or the greatest website?

C&H - Great subforum, or the greatest subforum?

Pygmalion - Great poster, or the greatest poster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The only one I would ever have listened to would be 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'..but come on, I mean who hasn't listend to that one.

Me. :(

What's your preferred means of listening to music (MP3 player, CD player, iTunes, etc.)?

Do you still buy CDs? If so, how many do you have?

Do you have any opinions on illegal downloading?

And what's your favourite film that features the musical ingenuity of Ennio Morricone? :)

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Boards.ie - Great website, or the greatest website?
    A great website:)

C&H - Great subforum, or the greatest subforum? A great subforum.

Pygmalion - Great poster, or the greatest poster?
    Clearly your the only reason I frequent the place...;)1420807-quagmire.jpg.

Monzo wrote: »
    Me. :(Ya...but you make up for it with your awesome taste in music so I can forgive you!:)

What's your preferred means of listening to music (MP3 player, CD player, iTunes, etc.)? iTunes.

Do you still buy CDs? If so, how many do you have? I tend to download most of my music but if I really really love a band or an artist I'll go and buy the CD even if I already have the album on my itunes. Especially with up and coming artists. I just counted there...I have 46 CD's.

Do you have any opinions on illegal downloading? Not really...I do it, if that's an opinion. When I'm older and making money I'm going to buy all my music....for now I get it for free.

And what's your favourite film that features the musical ingenuity of Ennio Morricone? Once upon a time in America:)Deborah's theme is just beautiful...it takes you to another place altogether.

tumblr_kvtrktdS6u1qztfifo1_500_large.jpg?1264688099

I think you can wrap this one up mods :)

tumblr_l2xvzblAWI1qblgcqo1_500_large.jpg?1274805295

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Recess! :D

Sorry Panda, guess everyone's all bogged down with exams.

Are you disappointed nobody asked you a question since the 22nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Do you like running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Oh, telling us how to do our job now, are we? I'LL decide when you can leave, thank you very much. :P You're now schedueled to remain in the playpen until September 2016.

Or until you answer the last two questions*, I haven't decided yet.
    EDIT: *And the few questions below. Then you can retire! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

I want to play:)

What is your guiltiest pleasure?

Thoughts on this years Oxegen line-up?

Are you superstitious?

Thanks for the username love btw:D

• Advertisement

jumpguy wrote: »
    Recess! :D

Sorry Panda, guess everyone's all bogged down with exams.

Are you disappointed nobody asked you a question since the 22nd? Not at all! I've been so caught up in the sunshine that I forgot about it!:o
    Jay P wrote: »
    Do you like running? Sure tis grand!
    Oh, telling us how to do our job now, are we? I'LL decide when you can leave, thank you very much. :P You're now schedueled to remain in the playpen until September 2016.

Or until you answer the last two questions*, I haven't decided yet.
    EDIT: *And the few questions below. Then you can retire! :)I know your plan knifey...keep me in here just to give yourself more time!:p
    I want to play:)

What is your guiltiest pleasure? I don't really have any! Life's too short to feel guilty about the things you enjoy.

Thoughts on this years Oxegen line-up? Arcade Fire Arcade Fire Arcade Fire.

Are you superstitious? I've never had an "experience" with the supernatural, members of my family have had small ones though. My grandmother had a dream that my first cousin was taken up to heaven by my grandfather one night(my grandad was long dead at this stage). She woke up and told my dad about it that morning. Later in the day she found out that her grandsons(my first cousins) bus had gone over a cliff. He died obviously. But that dream carried weight...It has to mean something is out there. Really weird. You wouldn't know what to think!

Thanks for the username love btw:D It is the best one to be fair!:)

tumblr_l0snrgEwbX1qbr8pmo1_500_large.jpg?1271643952

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement