Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

upgrading headphones

• 18-05-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

i had a pair of sennheiser HD205's that have recently gone tits up, i'm studying audio in college and need decent headphones for editing audio etc

i prefer overear headphones to in ears

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Sony MDR-V6.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

pricy? where can i get them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

eBay's probably your best bet. Sennheiser HD280 are a more readily available alternative.

i've heard good things about Sennheisers, the HD205s i had were pretty epic, both for comfort and quality.

i'll be using these for my ipod when i'm about town etc too, are the Sennheiser HD280 durable?

• Advertisement

Sennheiser in general are pretty overrated, particularly their widely available lower models...they seem to have a million models all around forty euro.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Sennheiser in general are pretty overrated.

you reckon? you'd prefer sony?

In this case, yes. HD280s are popular for studio work but they're a tad uncomfortable.

Baza210 wrote: »
    In this case, yes. HD280s are popular for studio work but they're a tad uncomfortable.

hmmm, i'll prob be using these for day to day use on my ipod too... comfort does play a factor, any other suggestions?

Denon AH-D1001s are pretty comfortable. Aka "Creative Aurvana Live!".

• Advertisement

can they be bought here or in the uk?

Well I tried on a pair in PC World in Kensington a couple of hours ago, but I didn't see a price.

thats in the uk? i'm in dublin so an irish retailer would be prefered, i meant UK as in can they be bought online?

comfort out of ten?
    functionality out of ten?

Please read the stickies for purchasing direction.

my bad, sorry

This is also an excellent resource http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/

very excellent, many thanks :D

you'd push the Denons tho?

Sonys would be my own personal preference, but they're not that easy to get your hands on at a decent price. Any of the ones I've mentioned should be a nice step up from the HD205s though.

excellent, thanks a million :)

Advertisement