Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

repeating exams

• 18-05-2010 5:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know how they work?

when you repeat a paper, is it just the result of that autumn paper that counts towards your passing or not.. or does it also include the results from the continous assesment you did throughout the previous year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Repeat exams do not include your continuous assessment mark. Bear in mind if you are in the final year of a degree and have to repeat an exam your overall grade is immediately reduced to a pass i.e. if you repeat an exam you cannot get a distinction, 2.1 or 2.2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, only in first year now.. and there's a slim chance I may have passed, was just curious. thanks

do you know if there's a cap on the result you can get? i read somewhere on one of the other college forums, that whatever mark you get on the repeat exam your mark is 40%.. just a pass, does that apply in carlow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

I think you'd be right in saying that. Repeat exams are just to give you an opportunity to pass but don't hold me to that ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

:)
    thanks alot for the quick replies

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Can I jump in here and ask abuot the dates for repeat exams....

Obviously I am not sure yet whether I will have to repeat any exams but I think I may have to repeat one...

Does anybosy have any idea as to the dates the repeats are usually held?
    I want to book flights in August but I can't unless I know hte dates incase I need to repeat! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Wow, going for the Carlow IT "Van Wilder" record? You must be there about 10 years now?? ;)

Hopefully I'll be going back in september so ya may have competition for the record!! :p

Advertisement