Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktails in Carlow

Options
  • 18-05-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can tell me where is good to go for cocktails in Carlow? Not the Barracks or Dinn Ri, would like somewhere else for a change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'd say any of the following have some sort of Cocktail menu:

Med Bar
    Tullly's
    Scraggs
    Lev & Frye
    The Temple Bar or whatever its called

If it was me, I'd probably try The Med Bar first but I'd be very very surprised if Mimosa didn't have something on offer.

Just found this on Mimosa's Website

Cocktails

Mimosa
    Barton & Guestier, Sparkling Chardonnay, Orange Juice and a dash of Grenadine €6.50

Bellini
    Prosecco and Peach Nectar €6.50

Kir Royale
    Barton & Guestier, Sparkling Chardonnay and Creme de Cassis €6.50

White Chocolate Espresso Martini €6.50

Not a massive list but a lovely place for a few cocktails and if the bartender is in anyway decent at their trade, they'll have a few more up their slieve too.

Here's the site
    http://www.mimosawinebar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Thanks ShayK, hadn't even thought of the Tapas bar. Will give it a try and maybe some of the others too while I'm at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

belle_09 wrote: »
    Thanks ShayK, hadn't even thought of the Tapas bar. Will give it a try and maybe some of the others too while I'm at it :)

Have you been there?
    If the fire is lit outside, then its really really nice.

Yes once last year. I think I remember roasting by the fire! Hadn't realised they did cocktails. Plus the food is lovely so good excuse to eat while there!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Scrags just launched (Or are currently launching) There own brand cocktails, maybe worth trying out....?

• Advertisement

Ended up in the Med bar where i had some lovely Mojitos but will try Scraggs the next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shenanaganscork

mimosa is brilliant.. such good food and the best tapas i've had this side of madrid!

Advertisement