Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice with customs‏

• 18-05-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi there. I received a delivery of bike parts from a non EU
    member country a few weeks ago. However, there was one item
    missing from the order. This small piece has since been sent
    but is currently waiting in customs. They've requested the
    paypal invoice as proof of value and if the value exceeds €22
    tax will have to be paid at 21%. The entire order was for
    about €380 however this small part would not be worth €22
    although I don't have an itemised invoice to prove this. Am I
    liable to pay 21% for the entire order even though the initial
    packet escaped inspection by customs? I've contacted the person
    from whom I bought these parts requesting an "invoice" for just
    that part but I've yet to receive a response.

Mods: Apologies it this is in the wrong forum. If so, please
    feel free to move.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

You are required to pay the tax on the whole order.

If you can't get the receipt, don't have the money, might be best off just abandoning the part to customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AFAIK its per consignment so if it was shipped in parts each package is VAT checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 2wheelsbetter

Gavin wrote: »
    You are required to pay the tax on the whole order.

If you can't get the receipt, don't have the money, might be best off just abandoning the part to customs.

Thanks Gavin. The thought of abandoning it had occured to me but as a last resort.
    AFAIK its per consignment so if it was shipped in parts each package is VAT checked.

Thanks Lethal_Bullet. My problem is that the paypal receipt isn't itemised so I can't indicate a specific value for the part.

The initial package was marked as a gift so I presume that this is the case with this package also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks Gavin. The thought of abandoning it had occured to me but as a last resort.

Thanks Lethal_Bullet. My problem is that the paypal receipt isn't itemised so I can't indicate a specific value for the part.

The initial package was marked as a gift so I presume that this is the case with this package also.

UPS fecked up the VAT on my last order and they called to notify me. I explained and sent on both invoices, paypal and the email I received from the company. If you just forward the email invoice they may well accept that. Many payments are done by CC and those statements can take 30 days to arrive so they'd have to go on the email invoice.

Advertisement