Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Do I stand?

Options
  • 18-05-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Received a text message from my manager today, it was sent to all staff. it stated that staff who are not giving correct change (which frankly is not true) are going to have to be Eliminated.

I found the fact that we were all being accused of not giving correct change as well as the phrase "staff need to be elminated" extremely offensive, as well as the fact that it was sent via text. I found it extremely unprofessional.

just wondering where would I stand in this circumstance, would I be eligible to lodge a complaint against her?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Curl52

This is completely inappropriate on a few levels, one a message should not be communicated to staff via a text message, the phrase eliminated extremely inappropriate, tone is accusing.
    You should check if you have a grievance procedure in your company, if so you could complain through this. If you know this persons manager maybe show it them as an FYI saying you don't feel it was appropriate.

Advertisement