Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

newbee help! fitting different pedals

• 18-05-2010 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey all

Dont laugh, I ordered different pedals on line for my Giant xtc 4,

basically . . how do I remove the old to put on the new?

Any help appricated, dont want going taking off bits unnecessary

also anyone recommend a good strong seat post, ever since i landed my not so light self on the sadle after a jump the sadle likes to move about.. quite irritating to say the least

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

alfy101 wrote: »
    also anyone recommend a good strong seat post, ever since i landed my not so light self on the sadle after a jump the sadle likes to move about.. quite irritating to say the least
    Are you sure you just don't need to tighten up where the saddle joins the seatpost? There should be some bolts under your saddle you can tighten up with allen keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

Are you sure you just don't need to tighten up where the saddle joins the seatpost? There should be some bolts under your saddle you can tighten up with allen keys.

sure is. only one bolt.

new one i have is a different design.. but the bar is to big.. DOH!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

alfy101 wrote: »
    Hey all

Dont laugh, I ordered different pedals on line for my Giant xtc 4,

basically . . how do I remove the old to put on the new?

Depends on the pedals. Just about all pedals will have a nut in between the pedal and the crank arm. You can use a spanner to open this. The pedal on the righthandside, the drive side, unscrews normally, that is, anti-clockwise.

The pedal on the left hand side unscrews the opposite way, clockwise.

Or, if the pedals are fancier they will have an allan key socket on the inside of the crankarm. Makes things a bit easier. Same rule for the direction of un-screwing.

edit - http://www.jimlangley.net/wrench/pedalbasics.html

Advertisement