Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the longest you've gone without a bath/shower?

• 18-05-2010 6:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

My personal best is about 2 months while I was volunteering in the Amazon basin to save the trees.

They didn't really have any baths/showers, fair enough you could take a dip in the river but I can't swim and in any case they've all sorts of creepie-crawlies just waiting for a chance to have a munch on your delicates.

Amazing stuff, first couple of weeks are a bit dodgy as people must adapt to your new scent but after a month or so (much as your hair washes itself if left alone long enough) the skin produces your own natural oils that really beat any perfume or deodorant hands down. If I could bottle that stuff I'd be a millionaire, 'twas musky and fierce and authoritative, a real man's smell and I'll tell you what, the tribal Amazonian women were throwing more than a few glances my way as the weeks passed and my scent wifted along the amazon riverbase . Funnily enough it's also a great deterrent to animal attacks as they, for some peculiar reason, are repulsed by the smell so double jeopardy there...I was as safe as houses and the hunk of the jungle all at the same time.

We did, eventually, save the trees, by the way in case you're interested.

Anyway I digress what's the longest you've gone without a shower or bath?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

donfers wrote: »
    My personal best is about 2 months while I was volunteering in the Amazon basin to save the trees.

They didn't really have any, fair enough you could take a dip in the river but I can't swim and in any case they've all sorts of creepie-crawlies just waiting for a chance to have a munch on my delicates.

Amazing stuff, first couple of weeks are a bit dodgy as people must adapt to your new scent but after a month or so (much as your hair washes itself if left alone logn enough) the skin produces your own natural oils that really beat any perfume or deodorant hands down. If I could bottle that stuff I'd be a millionaire, 'twas musky and fierce and authoritative, a real man's smell and I'll tell you what, the tribal Amazonian women were throwing more than a few glances my way as my scent wifted across the amazon. Funnily enough it's also a great deterrent to animal attacks as they, for some peculiar reason, are repulsed by the smell so double jeopardy there...I was as safe as houses and the hunk of the jungle all at the same time.

As much as I doubt most of that story I've only one thing to say...

In before the smelly "I once went a year without washing" brigade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I went 364 days without washing (behind my ears)

HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What did you do about the knob cheese?

let it ferment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Maybe a week, when I was younger. Couldn't go a day without one now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Well when I was a kid bath night was Saturday night and I dont think there was anything in between except for 'Wash those filthy paws before you come into the kitchen'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

They didn't really have any baths/showers, fair enough you could take a dip in the river but I can't swim and in any case they've all sorts of creepie-crawlies just waiting for a chance to have a munch on your delicates.

Amazing stuff, first couple of weeks are a bit dodgy as people must adapt to your new scent but after a month or so (much as your hair washes itself if left alone long enough) the skin produces your own natural oils that really beat any perfume or deodorant hands down. If I could bottle that stuff I'd be a millionaire, 'twas musky and fierce and authoritative, a real man's smell and I'll tell you what, the tribal Amazonian women were throwing more than a few glances my way as the weeks passed and my scent wifted along the amazon riverbase . Funnily enough it's also a great deterrent to animal attacks as they, for some peculiar reason, are repulsed by the smell so double jeopardy there...I was as safe as houses and the hunk of the jungle all at the same time.

Smelly fuck :P

Myself....A week while bedridden with a sickness :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

brummytom wrote: »
    Maybe a week, when I was younger. Couldn't go a day without one now though

<---sniffs brummytom.

Yup, he's clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

My water's been broken for the past 4 days:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

About two weeks...

And no, it wasn't when I was younger...;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

27 years 3 months and 2 weeks exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

storm2811 wrote: »
    My water's been broken for the past 4 days:(

I thought you meant that your waters broke 4 days ago, ie had a kid, and still havent washed ! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I was volunteering in the Amazon basin to save the trees.

Anyone else stop reading after this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i suppose as a kid it would have been the sunday night routine. during the week it would be a "whures wash", ye know, facecloth and a bar of soap at the sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

i suppose as a kid it would have been the sunday night routine. during the week it would be a "whures wash", ye know, facecloth and a bar of soap at the sink.

I'd say that face cloth was filthy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

i suppose as a kid it would have been the sunday night routine.
    I was the same,just on a saturday night though,for mass on the Sunday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hogzy wrote: »
    Anyone else stop reading after this?

Yeah, novel way of bragging about your tree hugging OP

bazmaiden wrote: »
    I'd say that face cloth was filthy!!

:eek: WTF?!!

i was a child you pervert! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What is this "Bath / Shower" of which you are all discussing about?

Probably some fancy, smancy Dublin word. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

:eek: WTF?!!

i was a child you pervert! :mad:

http://www.mydisplayimage.com/aim/premium/hubba_hubba.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A day - a music festival in France (right place or what?! :pac:) Couldn't bear it any longer than that.

• Advertisement

:eek: i thought better of you tar

/stomps out of thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I thought you meant that your waters broke 4 days ago, ie had a kid, and still havent washed ! :o

It did..and I haven't,theres litreally afterbirth everywhere!

:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

:eek: i thought better of you tar

/stomps out of thread

Oh wrong one, I meant to point this at him

http://www.freewebby.com/sign-smilies/sign_pervert.gif

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

5 days.
    We were up the hills climbing in Knoydart on the west coast of Scotland. Didn't fancy the mountain burns for washing in.
    Eventually stopped in Fort William on the way home for a wash at the swimming pool.............we did have a shower before going in the pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

In before Bob Geldof.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

2 days whilst travelling.

Don't know whats with some people but more than a handful I met while going through Africa thought it was okay (given the continent they were on?!!) not to wash for more than a week - Personally I found this disgusting, never mind consideration for others havin to smell ya... I couldnt bear the thought of not washing that long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

10 days in hospital.

Luckily I was knocked out most of the time so my memory is vague.

Can't go more than a day without a shower, I hate that grimey feeling and begin to disgust myself long before anyone else would notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

9 months. In a womb. Not even a baby wipe to hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I got away with 2 weeks once, before the missus forced me to have a shower. Women are strange like that. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

About 3 weeks when I was a pup.

One a day nowadays! Two a day in summertime on account of hot weather making me sweat!

Get in line ladies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Whats a shower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I would say 36 hrs; at that point it is noticeable.

I am one a day religiosly, and would wash my hands about 7 or 8 times a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

9 days, in August 2007. Flew from San Diego to New York, started driving west from New York in a van with 4 other Irish students. The first no. 2 I did was in St. Louis (a distance of about 1500 miles from NY) The next was back in San Diego, with a shower following that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

What did you do about the knob cheese?

let it ferment?

he cultivated a healthy growth of quality he-dam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

bout 3 days over the floods.if it was for my Lynx Africa it could have been a very sticky (and smelly) situation!

• Advertisement

bazza1 wrote: »
    Whats a shower?

a collective group of fianna fail politicians is called a shower, usually with 'of cunts' after it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

Daily shower, but Friday night is bath night, bubbles, oils, scented candels, glass of wine, soft music, lights off, phone off, love friday nights:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

In most recent memory, 3 days at a festival a few years back. I was camping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Four days at a music festival, but usually every day

The feeling of standing under a hot shower, after sleeping in a tent and rolling around in mud whilst drunk/off your face for the previous few days can't be beaten.

And then when you fall into your lovely clean bed afterwards..... Heaven:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

A week or so when I was younger, had flu :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

About 7-8 days over the summer last year. And I had to wear 2 wetsuits for 10 hours a day for those 8 days. Hair was like wool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Do golden showers count? :confused:

Do golden showers count? :confused:

open your mouth there and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Bar when i was a kid and was made take a bath once a week,in adulthood, probably about 4days. Go camping quite a bit,so the best i get there is baby wipes. And i was quite sick a few years ago so couldn't really move for nearly a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

open your mouth there and see

:eek: <wide enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

bath night, :)
    I dont get "bath night" or baths for that matter.You're sittin in your own warm manky congealed dead skin cells for a half an hour yuck :o

/and no its not just me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

4 days, I was in hospital and didn't know where to go for a wash.

:eek: <wide enough?

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

anniehoo wrote: »
    I dont get "bath night" or baths for that matter.You're sittin in your own warm manky congealed dead skin cells for a half an hour yuck :o

/and no its not just me :p

not when you shower every day, its relaxing 30 - 40 mins, i love it, a ritual im not giving up soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

I shower once a month whether i need one or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement