Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox Live Account suspended.

• 18-05-2010 7:48pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭

And my crime? MS couldn't charge my temporary credit card that I used to pay for it last time. So now I've no access to the Xbox live arcade games I own. Maybe I can't afford another subscription? Why can't you just bump me down to silver because I did nothing wrong? Grr... I'm guessing phoning them up will fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

think a phone call should sort it alright retro!

bad form by ms on this i didnt know you couldnt access arcade games with a silver membership?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can access games with a silver account. My account isn't Silver, it's full on suspended! I'll have to ring them tomorrow, trying to study in the library at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

full on suspended???? :eek::eek::eek:

i seriously would be pissed if i was you!

you should make a big deal about this with them you never know they may very well offer you free live subscription even if its only 3 months!

but we pay a lot for that service i think a little bit of care needs to be taken by ms as we are there bread and butter and live is something they have on sony at the moment

good luck with the study lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vZeus

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can access games with a silver account. My account isn't Silver, it's full on suspended! I'll have to ring them tomorrow, trying to study in the library at the moment.

were you one the pay month by month?
    if so thats the reason :P never go with the month-month

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was 12 months actually. It's in the T&C that they can automatically charge you so if you paid by credit card I'd turn off the automatic updates on xbox.xom or you'll be 60 euros worse off or end up with a suspended account like me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm guessing you got a new console and that's why you can't play your arcade games offline, you should have tranfered the licences to the new console.

Seems like the pettiest reason to suspend someones account though.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

This happened to me. They couldn't charge my Ulster Bank debit card so I had to ring the Irish number on the live website. Then I got a cheap subscription on live-codes.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There's another lesson to be learned Retro, never give your greedy xbox your credit card details. A live sub is nearly half what MS charge from the sites listed in the sticky thread.

rizzla wrote: »
    I'm guessing you got a new console and that's why you can't play your arcade games offline, you should have tranfered the licences to the new console.

Seems like the pettiest reason to suspend someones account though.

I did get a new refurb but everything was working fine until they did this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I did get a new refurb but everything was working fine until they did this.

And it would, because there are two ways to authenticate full-version Arcade games:

1) Playing on the console that has the license (i.e. usually the one you originally purchased the full version game on unless you transferred your licenses) - all gamertags on this console can play the full version arcade games

2) Playing on a console that doesn't have the license - only the Xbox Live gamertag used to purchase the game can play the full version.

Obviously because you got a refurb and didn't transfer the licenses you were running on the #2 authentication, but since you can't log into Live because you're suspended you can't play your games anymore.

It's an incredible reason to suspend an account, the usual action is to demote to Silver membership, don't understand why it wasn't done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Also when you're doing it, threaten to quit and you'll get a free month :)

Couldn't ring up yesterday because I only had 2 euro credit on my mobile and the phone number you have to ring to sort it out is a premium number and I didn't have sufficient credit to ring :rolleyes: Was stuck in college all day so wasn't home to ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

This is beyond a disgrace to be honest. Why is this the standard protocol? What is the problem with just letting your gold membership lapse on Microsoft's part?

Couldn't ring up yesterday because I only had 2 euro credit on my mobile and the phone number you have to ring to sort it out is a premium number and I didn't have sufficient credit to ring :rolleyes: Was stuck in college all day so wasn't home to ring.

A premium number...I don't think there is a premium number for support.

Eircom landlines can use the freephone number: 1800 509 186

All other people can just dial Dublin 01-2420758

Well I triedthe dublin number on my mobile and despite having about 1.80 euro in credit it wouldn't let me through saying I had insufficient credit to make the call.

Well I triedthe dublin number on my mobile and despite having about 1.80 euro in credit it wouldn't let me through saying I had insufficient credit to make the call.

Hmm, I called with €2.00 credit myself and it was fine - 20c per minute :pac:

Anyways, give them a piece of your mind when you get in touch with 'em, bad form is bad form.

Advertisement