Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dog licence site?

Options
  • 18-05-2010 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

Is there a site where you can check the status of your dog licence? I'm *sure* I bought one just after New Year, but I can't find it - am now wondering if they forgot to send me the licence (I didn't bring in last year's, so the post office guy filled out a form and said it would be sent).

Worst come to the worst, I'll just go down with the 2008 one, most recent I can find, and get another, but I'd sooner not pay twice if there's a choice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If you go to the post office they don't send them out to you, they fill them out there and then, they keep a copy/copy to send off, and you get your copy. Least it's been that way any of the times I've gone down to my post office for my two dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Yes, I was surprised.

That's very odd then, because they have the special forms there in the Post Office, because that's pretty much the only way you can get them. I think one or two counties have an online application site but for the most part it's PO.
    I'd go down and ask them if they have a record of it maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Is there a site where you can check the status of your dog licence? I'm *sure* I bought one just after New Year, but I can't find it - am now wondering if they forgot to send me the licence (I didn't bring in last year's, so the post office guy filled out a form and said it would be sent).

Worst come to the worst, I'll just go down with the 2008 one, most recent I can find, and get another, but I'd sooner not pay twice if there's a choice.

Any year I have renewed a license, I have simply gone into the Post Office and got a new one - never had to show a copy of the previous year. All they ask for is your name, address, type of dog and colour.

Your local county/city council will then send out a reminder each year to renew.

If you got a new license at the start of the year, ring the council (environment dept.) and they should have your name and your dog's details on computer. They might send out a copy.

Ah, thanks, PaulTF, that's what I'll do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

why do you need one? does any one check up on it? how much are they?

€12.50 a year.

Info here - you get them at the Post Office, €12.70 for the year per dog, you can be requested to produce your dog license by a warden and there is a fine for not having one.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

I just paid for mine online at www.sdcc.ie - very handy if you live in the area!!

Begob, you can do the same at the Dublin City Council site! From the homepage go to Pay Online then choose "other" (I think it is), then "dog licence". A little counter-intuitive.

No apparent way of checking your licence, though, so I just shrugged and bought a new one. Love that dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

Cork also has an online dog licencing service, at:

https://www3.corkcoco.ie/eseries/wdl020.xsp?envAuto=8C7E434DBD9EF1FFD2EB3AF2EE5B0F2E

I used this when I got my two, and the licence was supposed to be mailed by the system (but wasn't!) I simply emailed vets@corkcoco.ie with my details, and they forwarded the licences straight away.

Very useful if you don't have super easy access to the post office! :D

I would imagine that you could email the Vet/Environment department at your local coco to retrieve your licence though. In theory, they should have a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭padunne

i am after reading on that link about a general dog license. what is this does anybody know. will it cover all your dogs and for how long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

padunne wrote: »
    i am after reading on that link about a general dog license. what is this does anybody know. will it cover all your dogs and for how long.

It costs €253 a year and is for places with multiple dogs, such as rescues, boarding kennels etc. As a licence costs €12.70, multiply that by however many dogs you have to see if its cost effective to have a general licence. I have one, for the boarding kennels, my own dogs and the rescues, you just have to apply to the GPO.

Advertisement