Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat's gone missing (again)

Options
  • 18-05-2010 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

For all of you who remember my painstaking six week search for Jules last year, I am sorry to say he has gone walk about again...

Missing from Charlesland Wood since Friday 30 April 2010.
    4½ year old male cat
    Microchipped, neutered, dark tabby with white patches. Black diamond collar.
    Medal with his name engraved and my number: 087 803 2398

He may have jumped into a car or van and been transported out of the local area….

Last year he had managed to get himself five miles down the road to a farm in Newcastle, so it is likely that he hitched a ride.

He's very curious and sometimes pokes his nose in people's windows, so I would be grateful if you see any cat that looks like Jules, if you could call /message me.

Thanks once again

GG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I saw Jules last week around the back gardens on my block. I'll keep an eye out for him.

Mad yoke! Very friendly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Greystones Girl

Hi Mike

Good to hear from you again!

I was only reminiscing about all the evenings I spent with fliers and posters in Charlesland last year, and off he goes again....

Yes he is super friendly, and will pretty much let anyone pick him up...

If you see him again, give me a bell: 087 803 2398

Thanks a mil

GG

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

I'm pretty sure Jules lives in our house. We recently got a cat flap in and have visitors every day. I'm sure I seen Jules last Saturday, he pops in for his dinner now and again. :-) Next time I see him, i'll keep him in till you can come and get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

He is the spit of a cat in the Park, but hes a bit of a bully. I'll keep my eyes out again.

We've been adopted by a young black cat. He/she is lovely. Very hard to get him/her to go home and we dont feed at all. If you live in the Park area and do own a smallish young black cat could you stick a collar on him.

audreyp wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Jules lives in our house. We recently got a cat flap in and have visitors every day. I'm sure I seen Jules last Saturday, he pops in for his dinner now and again. :-) Next time I see him, i'll keep him in till you can come and get him.

Thanks Audrey - he's pretty sociable and also greedy, so he definitely matches that description!

• Advertisement

ciaran67 wrote: »
    He is the spit of a cat in the Park, but hes a bit of a bully. I'll keep my eyes out again.

We've been adopted by a young black cat. He/she is lovely. Very hard to get him/her to go home and we dont feed at all. If you live in the Park area and do own a smallish young black cat could you stick a collar on him.

Thanks Ciaran - my fella doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body! He generally runs away from any potential conflict, but does love people...

God I sound like a doting parent...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Is there a chance he could have taken his collar off? I think I saw a cat quite like your cat you have pictured, but it did not have a collar. I dismissed it because I was thinking of a diamond collar!

Rasmus wrote: »
    Is there a chance he could have taken his collar off? I think I saw a cat quite like your cat you have pictured, but it did not have a collar. I dismissed it because I was thinking of a diamond collar!

it's possible he managed to get it off, although he's had it for over a year now, even during his last disappearing act.

If you see him again, perhaps you could take a picture and post it here..?

Any help much appreciated :)

sad to say that there is still no sign of him...Please please keep an eye out for a very friendly dark tabby who will pretty much let anyone pick him up... Getting very worried now. Here's a picture just to remind you...
    My number is 087 803 2398 if you see a cat that in anyway resembles Jules, please call me straight away...

Have you considered going door-to-door with a photo? I don't think people would mind, at least I wouldn't. You never know, someone whose door you knock on may be feeding him....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

sad to say that there is still no sign of him...Please please keep an eye out for a very friendly dark tabby who will pretty much let anyone pick him up... Getting very worried now. Here's a picture just to remind you...
    My number is 087 803 2398 if you see a cat that in anyway resembles Jules, please call me straight away...

I bet someones feeding Jules and hes on holiday. If we fed the cat that comes to say hello and hang out with us everyday she wouldnt go home. I have to put her on the fence and lock the door before she goes. All the best GG, im sure he'll return.

Rasmus wrote: »
    Have you considered going door-to-door with a photo? I don't think people would mind, at least I wouldn't. You never know, someone whose door you knock on may be feeding him....

Last year, I did 600 leaflets in Charlesland and I was leaving that as a last resort this time, but will probably have to bite the bullet and do that this week...

The thing is, he has a collar and tag, so if he was bothering people or turning up at their house, would they not get in touch...?

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I bet someones feeding Jules and hes on holiday. If we fed the cat that comes to say hello and hang out with us everyday she wouldnt go home. I have to put her on the fence and lock the door before she goes. All the best GG, im sure he'll return.

thanks Ciaran. Fingers crossed...

The thing is, he has a collar and tag, so if he was bothering people or turning up at their house, would they not get in touch...?

I suppose so, but whoever is feeding him may not think he is lost (and may not read boards). Anyway we'll keep an eye out during the week for Jules, would be great if he turns up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

5 miles is not that far for a cat to roam, so I think your cat hitching a ride is fairly unlikely. Why does he keep running away? :(

Advertisement