Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arlington Room @ Heritage Portarlington - ever been?

Options
  • 18-05-2010 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

It is my girfriends birthday in a few weeks and I was thinking of bringing her to the Arlington room restaurant at the Heritage hotel in Portarlington. Just wondering if anyone has been or has any feedback on it?

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Fantastic food, fantastic service.... was there about two years ago.

The decor is extremely extravagant. the prices mach the decor :D

Personally however, i prefer sol oriens restaurant. The ambiance and atmosphere is more friendly and homier. Food is excellent and service is very good. Prices more reasonable too. Also, you can nip out to the thatch pub before or after for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dtipp

Loved it.
    Ate there with my wife a couple of times.

Absolutely beautiful food.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

You'll be paying a good bit for dinner in the Arlington, it can be very pretentious though! If your looking at Sol Oriens as an alternative you'd wanna be ringing a week in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

kmart6 wrote: »
    You'll be paying a good bit for dinner in the Arlington, it can be very pretentious though! If your looking at Sol Oriens as an alternative you'd wanna be ringing a week in advance!

There's a sample menu here : http://www.theheritage.com/arlington_room_dinner_menu.html , I fail to see what would be classed as pretentious about it, it's typical of a fine dining menu

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I don't need to see a menu thanks!

Also, it's not fine dining!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I was there last month, It's a lovely place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Hey, it's lovely for dinner, but if you are thinking of midweek, I would book somewhere else in advance as if they have only one or two bookings, they won't open the restaurant. This happened to me last week whilst staying int the hotel, and we were moved to the Sol Oriens, which was also lovely, but not as fancy as the Arlington.

Advertisement